My second attempt on my 4 feet setup.

viceroy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice 2 islands look bro..hands dun b itchy again to rescape yea..haha

Ps:ur tank background is so similar to mine..:)

Haha.. I did it becos the live rock giving me high phosphate.. Wont dare to move it as all is perfect at the moment

• SRC Member

Haha.. I did it becos the live rock giving me high phosphate.. Wont dare to move it as all is perfect at the moment

Yup bro..its perfect now..swee..share ur tank video..:)

Ur placement of wavemakers r unique..won't create sandstorm?

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

I place is the way where I try to eliminate any dead spot. So far its doing it well and maybe a few fine adjustments

Alright bro..just thinking if I place my 2 x wp40 like yours, the sand bed in front shd b botak liao..haha.. Yes, no dead spot & no sand storm is the most ideal..:)

@ 291213

Alright bro..just thinking if I place my 2 x wp40 like yours, the sand bed in front shd b botak liao..haha.. Yes, no dead spot & no sand storm is the most ideal.. :)

If u adjust it properly there wont be sand storm... i put all three wavemakers at the back. tuning for about half and hr.. BINGO. perfect flow. The strength of the flow and timing of the wave maker play apart too. I wish i can explain to u and help u out but its kind of difficult,. Trial and error bro..

• SRC Member

If u adjust it properly there wont be sand storm... i put all three wavemakers at the back. tuning for about half and hr.. BINGO. perfect flow. The strength of the flow and timing of the wave maker play apart too. I wish i can explain to u and help u out but its kind of difficult,. Trial and error bro..

Yeah bro..its fun to play around with the flow pattern.."hand itchy"haha..for me, I need strong flow as its FOWLR with big fishes..hard to position in a manner that is ideal yet..still trial n error..:)

@ 291213

For hair algae really need time and patience.. I scrub tank spotless, and those on rocks and sand i slowly siphon it out and pluck those that are hard to remove.. Then the risky part. I blackout my tank 2-3 days to starve the algae.

If hair algae a bit is ok let if grow more as when its thicker it easier to remove then i a whole cluster and they wont stick to the sand or rock that hard.

Nice clear tank! Can share how you fight hair algae? Thanks

For hair algae really need time and patience.. I scrub tank spotless, and those on rocks and sand i slowly siphon it out and pluck those that are hard to remove.. Then the risky part. I blackout my tank 2-3 days to starve the algae.

If hair algae a bit is ok let if grow more as when its thicker it easier to remove then i a whole cluster and they wont stick to the sand or rock that hard.