Newbie set up

Caribsea sand is nice if u have abit of budget to spare. Else just go any marine shop, they have dry sand for sale at a much cheaper cost.

Thanks bro for the quick reply!

Hi all again, I need help with the salt mixes to use.. Which brand is the cheapest yet good? Only to set up FOWLR, no intentions of corals yet as I can't afford chillers

Think if keeping fish only shuld not be a problem as you shuld not have to worry much about stuff like kh ca and mg

So I use this one no prob right, for the liverocks etc won't have effect right! Also for algae is it same as FResh water, don't over feed don't on light too long can liao

• Like 1

Shuld not have a problem. Might want to consider nutrient export to reduce growth of algae. Maybe can keep chaeto or ats. Can also us biopellets and gfo

Ohh okay thanks, but then how to keep them if I don't have a sump. Side note, what's gfo

A refractometer is used to measure the salinity and specific gravity of the water. It's more accurate than using a hydrometer. You need at least one of them to measure your tank water during top up, water change, etc.

1.5' Cube | Overflow Box | 1' Sump with filter sock and 3L bacteria king | Eheim 1000 return pump | BM 3.5 | Sunsun JVP-110 wavemaker | Full spectrum Par38

A refractometer is used to measure the salinity and specific gravity of the water. It's more accurate than using a hydrometer. You need at least one of them to measure your tank water during top up, water change, etc.

1.5' Cube | Overflow Box | 1' Sump with filter sock and 3L bacteria king | Eheim 1000 return pump | BM 3.5 | Sunsun JVP-110 wavemaker | Full spectrum Par38

• SRC Member

Ohh okay thanks, but then how to keep them if I don't have a sump. Side note, what's gfo

Can try searching for Santa Monica's UAS algae scrubber. GFO is Granular Ferric Oxide, used to remove phosphates in the water. Can search for rowaphos

• Like 1

Clem's Clam Corner (Decommed)

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

Noted thanks!

Even so, you need to remove heavy metals like copper etc. And I remember somewhere that there is another compound added to tap water that is not affected by anti chlorine. Best to use ro/di water or use a very efficient water filter to filter tap water. This ensures that your water quality will be fine. Don't used boiled water, no oxygen left that way.

Need some advice again.. Which salt better?

http://www.madpetz.com.sg//index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=221

Has the ability to detox metal?

Or

http://www.madpetz.com.sg//index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=387

Said to reduce algae growth.

Or are they just nonsense and I should go for the cheapest available?