What is T5 ?

• SRC Member

Arcadia T5 website

Haven't seen any 10000K T5 on the market yet.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
but anywhere, till there is better brand available from your fren in HK, i will try out Acardia 1st...read tat it's a craze in Euro and catching up fast in the States(RC) :eyebrow:

T5 is not popular in UK because it doesn't have a 10000K tube. I think Euro side prefer yellow while UK side prefer blue. ;) Mostly used for supplementation to MH.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Arcadia tubes are very new on the market. Only Narva tubes are available. Their white tubes look less blue than 10000K but when combined with their blue (not true actinic) tubes it gives the tank an eerie pale look.

Hopefully Arcadia will be better.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

for your info...T5 may have come into S'pore Market...however there is no proper casing or proper eballast to lite up tis fella. can only DIY(which i hate :angry: especially it concerns electrical stuff)and also the colour tempo is not so nice...pink :pinch:

I will have some info/pics coming up...for those who cannot tahan can go ahead and buy...for those who can tahan..pls wait patiently for my info...i am still experimenting ways to 'drown' the pinkish colour given out by T5 :snore:

• SRC Member
for your info...T5 may have come into S'pore Market...however there is no proper casing or proper eballast to lite up tis fella. can only DIY(which i hate :angry: especially it concerns electrical stuff)and also the colour tempo is not so nice...pink :pinch:

I will have some info/pics coming up...for those who cannot tahan can go ahead and buy...for those who can tahan..pls wait patiently for my info...i am still experimenting ways to 'drown' the pinkish colour given out by T5 :snore:

Izzit because of your ballast? Is it because the tube output is not optimised?

Or maybe everyone else is too used to actinic blue tube with normal 10k lights? or 20k got higher blue spectrum that's y its whiter? isit isit isit....

:P

• SRC Member
Izzit because of your ballast? Is it because the tube output is not optimised?

Or maybe everyone else is too used to actinic blue tube with normal 10k lights? or 20k got higher blue spectrum that's y its whiter? isit isit isit....

:P

Mr Tango(Izzit) :P ,

ballast may not match my T5, rated at 39w. But the colour temp should remain, though i am driving it wif a 36w eballast. I know I was advised to drive it wif a 40w eballast...I am in the process of getting one at the moment and will take a pic of both T5(driven wif 36w eballast & 40w eballast)

as for whether we are too used to 10kk or 20kk colour tempo...i will not dismiss this possibility but i got an confirmation email from the manufacturer tat they included an element of pink in their T5 and claimed can be neutralised by actinic(preferably T5 actinic) :sick: