Return of the Hobby!

lyz77

• SRC Member

After so many years since I last decommissioned my tank, here I am again to restart my passion on this excellent hobby. :yahoo:

Just tried my luck searching on my old tank and was pretty surprise that the link is still available. It seem that I am fated to continue this hobby and again, I am doing a built-in tank which seem to be the best option for me due to space constraint in my small humble place.

Let keep my words short and start positing some pics...! But this round, I am gonna start very slowly with my tank setup. ^_^

• SRC Member

Firstly congrats on your comeback!! :) very neat and impressive tank bro ..aiya when I saw you wrote the "left wall was gonna be hacked down" I taught sure tank room Hahaha..camping here for updates Cheers!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Firstly congrats on your comeback!! :) very neat and impressive tank bro ..aiya when I saw you wrote the "left wall was gonna be hacked down" I taught sure tank room Hahaha..camping here for updates Cheers!

Thanks bro.. Wanna still maintain the bedroom as if I need to rent it out to make some money, one of the special feature is that the room come with "sea view"! :P

• SRC Member

Thanks bro.. Wanna still maintain the bedroom as if I need to rent it out to make some money, one of the special feature is that the room come with "sea view"! :P

can +++$$$Rent.. Both parties win :)

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Very nice place u got there, camping here for more tank updates!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

hey, thats cool, can share design of the whole flat? btw, it's 4 or 5 room?

I notice the oven and microwave, its a open kitchen concept?

How far is the compressor from the tank? How long the piping (estimate?)

very interested to see the rest of system.

Cheers

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

• SRC Member

hey, thats cool, can share design of the whole flat? btw, it's 4 or 5 room?

I notice the oven and microwave, its a open kitchen concept?

How far is the compressor from the tank? How long the piping (estimate?)

very interested to see the rest of system.

Cheers

Mine is only a 3 room flat and the compressor distance is around 8-10m. Yes, open concept as my kitchen is too small, so gonna eat into the space of dining room. Anyway, I am staying alone so more than enough for me. :)