Turtle's Reef

Edmund Koh

Haha now tank glass filled with algae. Somemore it's those that cannot be scrapped off kind.

Just got myself a secondhand arctica chiller and a Skimz BR80.

Shall all them either tonight or tomorrow night.

Hmm.. Any idea why is my algae bloom so terrible despite me using RO/DI water. Somemore I use a close loop RO/DI process where the water is filtered till zero reading before I mix the salt in.

• SRC Member

To be honest, I used it for a month until my bacteria can sustain my bioload... After that I removed it so it was more of a temporary fixture... During that one month, I did not even clean the glass at all.

Right now I clean my glass every 3 weeks to a month, and usually it's done because I'm bored...

Angel Keeper

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/128217-Angel-Keeper's-5-Feet-Mixed-Reef-Tank

• SRC Member

Wow this is one unique tank..no space for Patrick's house meh? Lol

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Supporter

Even though you are using RO/DI, you probably still have phosphates in the water column. Have you checked the levels?

Phosphates are generated from decomposition of organic matter, so I don't think it'll improve by cultivating more bacteria.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

Haha now tank glass filled with algae. Somemore it's those that cannot be scrapped off kind.

Just got myself a secondhand arctica chiller and a Skimz BR80.

Shall all them either tonight or tomorrow night.

Hmm.. Any idea why is my algae bloom so terrible despite me using RO/DI water. Somemore I use a close loop RO/DI process where the water is filtered till zero reading before I mix the salt in.

Should be high phosphate. I was thinking of getting Goodbye! PO4

=X shall think about how I can add in my phos remover.

Hmm.. On a side note. I have a feeling my spongebob set will have to go soon. My Yellow tang is nibbling algae off it and the next thing I see is the white naked resin. Hope the paint is not poisonous to it.

• 2 years later...