Were they dead?

badsector

It is sometimes normal for zoa to stay closed for few days or even weeks when introduced into a new environment. I would suggest to leave them alone and just monitor for signs of melting or rotting ..

It is when u see that they are melting or rotting or getting covered by a layer of white fungus then they are dying.

Stairway to Heaven

• SRC Member

Mine close up for a whole week when i purchase it. About 30 % open up the next week then about 50% the week after. Now about 90% are open i dont even know if the others are still alive but i dont see them melting. Give it some time but if its more than a week and it still closed up ill try to move it to a better flow or light.

bro xiggie is right, as long as it is not rotting or melting, just leave it alone. however zoa may close due to pest. you can try dipping it in freshwater for 10 mins, it should open it soon after u put it back. The other reason could be it is multiplying, for this reason it could close for days or even weeks.

• SRC Supporter

thanks for the tips bros!

it partially open now and close up at night.

it's my first set of corals. looks like i worried too much.

Damn! Didnt realise it was you bro! Lol

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!