Where to get this type of dead rocks ?

Hi everyone,

i am new and still at the buying of equipment stage to set up my marine tank. As converting my 10 gallon 1.5ft FW tank to marine.

i went to irwarna, golden octopus and i have not seen the type of dead rocks below like white in color and such. And i have not seen a Live rock that is substantially covered in coraline algae. My plan is to have multiple dead rocks and maybe one or 2 live rocks covered in coraline algae so it will spread afterwards. I know i need live sand but just want to reduce the chances of getting pest from buying all live rocks.

any idea where i can buy these type white dead rocks and live rocks that is at least 50% covered in coraline algae ?

as most of the marine LFS is abit inaccesible to go to dont want to waste time to go there and cant find what i am looking for.

post-24043-0-04267900-1417946722_thumb.j

lck

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Another option:

Buy all dead rocks. Get the cycling done.

Then buy a piece of small live rock full of Coraline algae and then grate the Coraline algae at high flow area (turn off skimmer), let the Coraline grates spread. In few weeks you should notice Coraline start growing everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks inwear and solasido for the advice, yup guess i will be doing like what solasido said. most probably going to check out the LFS at jalan bukit merah for some Dead rocks then after cycled will get one LR then :)

just that i went to GO and there LR selection was limited and there wasnt any Dead rocks.

went to irwarna and there was only LR with no coraline algae on it haha

• SRC Member

thanks inwear and solasido for the advice, yup guess i will be doing like what solasido said. most probably going to check out the LFS at jalan bukit merah for some Dead rocks then after cycled will get one LR then :)

just that i went to GO and there LR selection was limited and there wasnt any Dead rocks.

went to irwarna and there was only LR with no coraline algae on it haha

Hi,

Giving up hobby. If you want some rock let me know.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

LCK CF dont sell dead rocks :( , went to pinnacle they also dont sell dead rocks. so bought a few shapes of LR from pinnacle instead as caribsea live rocks cant give a more natural looking rocks. :( gonna scrub this bugger LR clean clean and cure it after that

lol its ok bro harlequin i'll just continue with adding caribsea live rocks from DE aquatics. Was cleaning the LR today so many worms and smell really really bad lol thinking twice of adding it. cause to cure it will take so long lol