Plans for my first marine.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ts , a small tank is hard to maintain . Please do consider ur setup :). Live stocks maybe affordable but they are a life after all . All the best in ur marine adventure :)

I understand. That's why I am trying my best to gain as much knowledge as possible before I go into it. A 45 cm might be small. But my plan is to have 2 filters (skimmer + internal filter)

I guess the water should be clean enough... As for live stock I don't plan to put a lot... Maybe 4-5 fishes?

Maybe if the surrounding temperature allows me, I might add on some hardy corals.

post-24096-14190491649212_thumb.jpgpost-24096-1419049171552_thumb.jpgpost-24096-14190491771372_thumb.jpg

Guys I recently bought a 2nd hand par 38 with holder but realized it was quite heavy... Don't know my tank can handle or not... I am really afraid that it my crack the side of my tank ... The whole thing is approx 2-3kg..

Any suggestion? Get a thicker tank or what else can I do??

Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro,

What is your aquarium sitting on? Better get something sturdy to place it on. A 45 cm can also be pretty heavy with media, rocks, water and equipment.

As for filters, I wouldn't recommend any internal filters. I'm using the Atman hob filters and the space is big enough for me to put lots of stuff, including a pack of phosphate removing media to reduce algae growth.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

Bro,

This wooden table is definitely not going to hold the weight of a full tank. I hope you have something more sturdy.

I used to run 2 HOBs too for my 1.5 feet aquarium. The flow is not too strong. The drawback irs water circulation is mainly confined to the top and you need a wavemaker to circulate the water lower down.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

Haha c'mon guys , I am still passionate about freshwater. But sw to me now it's like a brand new toy haha.

Got myself a few small lr from poly art...

Maybe gonner get more soon after I put in the dead sand.

Also got my first clown fish to test water! So far so good!

post-24096-14194764939573_thumb.jpgpost-24096-14194765077943_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

The live rock from polyart is quite pricey.16 per kg if i remembered correctly. Can from fellow reefers or farm for less than half the price. If you want to get healthy and cheaper lifestock avoid the latter

I know but due to my own schedule... I don't have the time to visit other marine lfs... Wanted to try fresh marine but it closes at 8 lol can't make it..

And I alway miss my chance if people happen to be giving away free rocks haha

• SRC Member

My thoughts would be remove everything. Bleached your LR when possible. Save you from headaches. I have 2 premium clams died within days from purchase and realised because of a hairy crab.