2.5ft Shallow SPS Garden

Firestarter

• SRC Member

Wow shallow tank I like! maintenance would be a breeze man especially you mention constantly repositioning of the frags.

But just one an tho, wun the wavemaker blow the sps around?

Shadow Walkers's 4 ft Shallow Reef Chronicles

4 Ft - 120.35.35

3 Ft Sump

Skimmer: Bubble Magus NAC7

Chiller: Hailea 1/4 HS66A

Lights: T5 4 tubes ATI + Maxspect Glaive Led

Refugium with Liverocks and Cheato and lots of pods

Refugium light: Par38 Full spectrum

Return pump: Hailea HX6540..stupid pump so noisy

Wavemaker: Maxspect Gyre 130

• SRC Member

Wow shallow tank I like! maintenance would be a breeze man especially you mention constantly repositioning of the frags.

But just one an tho, wun the wavemaker blow the sps around?

I have never once regretted getting a such shallow tank. The main reason is that I can use my tweezers and turkey baster without getting my hands wet.

post-13947-0-18991600-1420985509_thumb.j

post-13947-0-66719700-1420985527_thumb.j

My wavemaker is positioned to blow in the center portion of the tank, and my sps are glued down on small LR or plugs so they dont get blown off.

Your tank depth is 35cm so welcome to the shallow tank club! Although I personally feel that anything under 30cm to be considered shallow.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Nice tank bro. Blue body green polpy? Looks like ridge sps coral to me. Can google

Googled but it doesnt seem like blue ridge. Its body is green with brown polyps.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Got a set of T5 lights. I still find that T5 is still the way to go for sps. Currently running on both LED PAR38 and T5 for now. Shall see if the sps colours pop.. also have to be careful not to less them bleach as my tank is really shallow.

post-13947-0-67682500-1422021042_thumb.j

• SRC Member

Playing around with my new found interest T5 lighting and got a nasty shock - couldnt see this in my PAR38 lighting.

post-13947-0-79596200-1422076698_thumb.j

Picture above shows parts of the coral with insufficient lighting - common symptom with leds. Hope it can recover with the T5s.

• SRC Member

Bro, buy on line?

Dont think I'm allowed to say where or else I might be labelled as the next 'lobang king' haha.

Do some homework and you'll find that you can get equipment at much cheaper prices.