Xiggie's 25% tank

xiggie

Bro, how did u get rid of these brown algae.. Any secret.. dose anything?

Used a number of stuff from nualgi , to goodbye po4 , till one day they just disappeared , I guess the the tank ran it's cycle and everything went into equilibrium. They went away after about 2-3mths if I remember correctly , almost threw out the tank .

Stairway to Heaven

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys , without the help from this forum and people don't think I can get to this stage,

subzeroLt , nice meeting u last night the CR still needs another item before it can run ,the air tube connecting the co2 to the reactor ..

Stairway to Heaven

Wow! Impressive write up. Wonderful setup. Generous and humble guy. Can imagine the tons of effort used for this tank and thread. Was really amazed to see the transformation. Kudos to you bro! Definitely camping here.... can't wait for it to transform to 100%!

Psstt... can help transform my 5% tank?

My reefing journal.

Let's talk about rock scaping, I started with big chunky dead rocks and ended up with lack of flow and lots of dead spots especially under the rocks , nitrates were under control but detritus are a problem especially on a bare bottom tank.

So I did some dead rock scaping and cured them right in the sump before doing a major rescaping project, out goes the bulky rocks and in the current rockscape.(not done yet still planning for more towers)

New rocks were just glued and epoxied together. Keeping to minimum bottom glass contact.

Arrangements in tank are such that 1 wavemaker will be able to move the water in the whole Tank with minimum dead spot.

post-1415-0-70696700-1421560452_thumb.jp

post-1415-0-71181300-1421560528_thumb.jp

post-1415-0-77627700-1421560550_thumb.jp

post-1415-0-47033400-1421560563_thumb.jp

Stairway to Heaven

Mine 2nd day, I feed them also didn't come out....

So sad n so worry...

Mine took more than 3week to come out .. And bytheway I don't feed them ... Think they get food from the fish poo that's always floating around coz I don't have sand .

Stairway to Heaven

Never tested the param, only salinity @ 1.025sg , someone in the wassap group did test n all was good , and so far I never had problems.

But carrying them up to the flat is a hassle if u don't have a trolley.

Stairway to Heaven