whisper quiet aquarium fans

• SRC Member

Good day fellow reefers.

Any good recommendations for the above?

I'm trying to increase tank evaporation so that i can dose more kalkwasser into my top off. I'm using ANS cooling fan 3000 at the moment, pretty good but a tad loud for over-night. So gathering fan reviews before buying one. Thx

• SRC Member

Good day fellow reefers.

Any good recommendations for the above?

I'm trying to increase tank evaporation so that i can dose more kalkwasser into my top off. I'm using ANS cooling fan 3000 at the moment, pretty good but a tad loud for over-night. So gathering fan reviews before buying one. Thx

for the fan part, I find over time all fans will end up being noisy. its all relative. hope other bros can chime in.

if u want to dose more kalk, try mixing vinegar to ur kalk mix. I can't rmb the exact parts to parts for the mix. can google it. but do it if u have a good skimmer. since adding vinegar to ur kalk will also have the benefit of carbon dosing ur tank but need a good skimmer for it. unless you are already adding vinegar to ur kalk, then we go back to the fan issue.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

Thanks bro Bombom, already dose vinegar w kalk. Expecting to reach limit use of kalk soon, so preparing to increase evaporation to dose more. Saw a lot of fan brands just wondering which is good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

post-21547-0-54225000-1428485380_thumb.j

A replacement for my sona fan (casing rusty)..this fan I bought at SSC..the shop just outside Teo Heng KTV..cost ard $40 if I rem correctly..I buy this it's because the housing is plastic..:)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos