White spots on fishes.

• SRC Member

Hi all have noticed white spots on my fishes. Some have died and 2 more still alive with ich spots. Can anyone advice immediate course of action ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

White spots in FOWLR caused usually by water problem or fish stress... Usually wat i do is to change water more than usual amount... Try to reduce specific gravity and feeding... Monitor fish response bro... Copper is abig no for me... Anyway, how long has ur tank been running?

• SRC Member

I purchased this tank from my friend with live stock. Got a professional mover to relocate to my place. For a week or so no issues. After around 10 days I added 3 more fishes. Exiting there was 2 trigger, 1 clown, 1 wrasse and a lion fish. Maybe the problem started after I added new fishes. My tank is 2ft by 2ft by 2ft.

• SRC Member

Looks like u got sudden change in water parameters... What type of skimmer r u having? Try to do larger water change bro...

And probably u also overloading ur tank... Adding 3 fishes together at one time is risky... Shld do one at a time...

• SRC Member

overload, most probably fish stressed. your existing fishes are all aggressive fishes, probably fought for space in a 2 2 2. what 3 fish you added in? more aggressive fishes?.

you mean all your existing livestock now left with only 2?. did they die suddenly? could be marine velvet, not too sure about it but did read about it before while finding info about ich.

if you are really serious about saving, I think you could buy seachem cupramine and their copper testkit, seems like a lot of good hearsay about it. personally never tried and prefer not to as I read that copper poison fishes to a certain extent. for me I did hypo, but your case seems abit too serious now to have the luxury to try hypo.

• SRC Member

could be the blue tang and Koran angel, they are ich magnet. try to stay away from tangs and angels first if just starting out until your water is stable. which area you stay? if you stay near sengkang area I have seachem cupramine and polyplab medic I could lend you. But I do not have copper tester.

Any bros here got Marine life address ? I googled and found the old address

Check out the sponsor section under marine life.

• SRC Member

My tank got lots of brown kinda substance. Rocks and on glass. And my damsel have started to have white spots as well