MK's shallow

myintkhine

• SRC Member

Vincent came by today to finish off my tank with the light stand. A picture below while testing my hydra. First thing I noticed is the hydra colors are more pleasing to the eyes than my current razor lights. That contributed by the higher price of course. Haha.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with Vincent's service up until now. However, there are some other minor things I wish I requested him with the order but not really a big deal. Now wait for the cycle to kick off!

0dbf1221a4675573cf6669612c107491.jpg

• SRC Member

can't wait to see what beautiful is going to showcase in this tank

I also have no idea of what to show case.

The tank has been going great so far. I have some hard time in adjusting the overflow level. And except the evaporation rate that have been going crazy. I was considering tunze nano osmolator but seeing it has only one float switch, I think I'll give it a pass due to safety concern. Can anyone recommend me a safe and reliable ato system? And please let me know if you have spares to let go too.

• SRC Member

I recommended JBJ ATO.

I m using almost 5 years. Never regretted . :)

Thanks for the tips bro Linko! I'll look for one very soon.

Nice setup bro, can pm me the price of the setup too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent bro!

• SRC Member

Cycling's gonna finish in a few more days! Transferring old rocks one at a time. One strange issue was noticed to my water parameter. While I was doing water tests, ammonia spike was the first. It took a while then it skipped nitrite and went straight to nitrate. I think it was caused by using back the rocks straight from the old tank.

8fc3e9e25ba9cb1425c9be89b2952fe8.jpg

• SRC Member

Today was very tiring but fun. Completed transferring stuffs from old tank to this new tank. However, still left to transfer my Zoas garden. Scape hasn't been finalized yet too. Gotta say the tank looks pretty decent with everything inside imo. Here are what I've done for today.

1b6e64bfe703cd9463ad8aa22839ba38.jpg

334baaefc9f455c119ec5a485872856f.jpg

e940e8d902c44717e77d50ac33662d5b.jpg

The tank is three side viewable.

799dfaadfd288001a8cd560d76fe8f16.jpg

a6e76e0a83473d248b609faa52c66454.jpg

Being just beside the sofa made my life easier! Haha

23d4f66e82eeefca174a25ee08c5f22d.jpg

Look like u got a pretty cozy reef corner to rest & relax.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Look like u got a pretty cozy reef corner to rest & relax.

It's like a prize for hard work. :D

watch out for the sea hare as there might not enough algea to sustain it. maybe you can feed algea strip.

Noted bro. This tank is new and has very little algae. Fairprice Nori should do it?

• SRC Supporter

Just out of curiosity, what are you feeding the purple sea slug?

I believe they are on a specific sponge diet but am not aware which it is for the purple slugs.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member

Just out of curiosity, what are you feeding the purple sea slug?

I believe they are on a specific sponge diet but am not aware which it is for the purple slugs.

I don't feed bro. When I bought it, the owner said it will micro organisms. When I've done my research then it looks like I'm screwed. Lol. It's been staying for about two months. I have quite a few sponge growing on the rocks. Maybe it's been feasting on them.

• SRC Member

A week of stocking update!!!

Transfer of old livestocks completed and purchased new ones! Bought 1kg of biohome + and threw into drain compartment. Continued dosing biodigest, bioptim and phyto.

New Fishes

1 yellow tang

1 doctor wrasse and

5 sea goldie anthias

All are from Henry at Marine Life

His livestocks are always doing great and healthy!

New Corals

1 starter acropora

Goniopora

Fed yellow tang with sea veggie but I wasn't sure if it touched it.

FTS

cf30d8d37320af6f8ad43febc5607afc.jpg

Bubble hosting clown

958be0f5fa7777ae221489c483a6b67e.jpg

This gonio also has to host clown

67a7dd76c7abe96f0628f84039263335.jpg

My very first coral, GSP with cloves and new acro!

cb8ac097d4a6686783552c8654fd114b.jpg

Looking forward to complete the stocking with more LPS, a rock flower anemone and some mangroves. I need macro algae as well for the refugium.

My tank is pretty shallow so, I was worried about anemones making its way into wavemaker and I sold what I had. Now my clowns have to bother other corals. I think I'm gonna get myself a rock anemone. Went LCK for them but they couldn't be scratched off the basket. So I had to head back home empty handed. Please let me know where I can get some beautiful rock anemone! Appreciate it.

~MK out!

• SRC Member

One of the torch that I bought from GO caught brown jelly. It was doing pretty well first a few days and I just noticed it last night. I have separated into the the sump. Will it survive or I should just put it away to prevent from spreading? Any suggestion on the treatment would be appreciated!

• SRC Supporter

The brown jelly is supposed to be some kind of single cell organism which excrete a digestive enzyme (i.e. brown jelly). It can spread.

Perhaps the torch was injured over the past days, either from knocks or nipped by fishes. This is typically how the infection starts.

If not serious, brush off the jelly & dip in a disinfectant (eg. Kent Marine Lugol or Providone Iodine from Guardian Pharmacy @ 3ml/L dose)

If you think its badly injured (and rotting/smelly), cut off the infected head & discard it.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• 1 month later...