PO4

ckwhon

• SRC Member

how does rowaphos works???

and for water chaniging.... i top up water instead of changing water as my evaporation rate is quite fast... i top up fresh water from my filtered water system for daily drinking... will this give the same result as water change?? (i top up 5.5 litres of fresh water every two days)

• SRC Member

by topping up water is insufficient to haf sufficient trace element(i think)...try using some additive...even if changing water i personally feel its not sufficient also...

as for maintaining PO4...change of water regularly is important unless u haf phosguard or similar products....PO4 give rise to hair algae, very ugly...i change 1 pail of water every week...about 5-10% of tank volume...so far so good..but its juz my personal opinion...

• Sponsor
how does rowaphos works???

and for water chaniging.... i top up water instead of changing water as my evaporation rate is quite fast... i top up fresh water from my filtered water system for daily drinking... will this give the same result as water change?? (i top up 5.5 litres of fresh water every two days)

If I'm not wrong, Rowaphos acts as an absorbtion media for PO4, silicate etc. and they need to be changed when they are exhausted.

Its good to top up using filtered drinking water but it is different from a water change. Topping up does not replace the necessary trace elements that have been depleted by your live stocks but changing with freshly mixed saltwater will.

• SRC Member

and also...try to use a drip or auto top-up...by topping up manually every 2 days will drastically change the salinity of the water...u might wanna try to top up everyday?as for me i use a fan to cool the water so i use a drip to control the evaporation...and ideally the water needs to be left overnite, to clear away the chlorine...

by adding 5.5ltr of water every 2 days might change the salinity and the PH too drastically....i usually top-up with water mix with Kalwasser(to maintain PH) and a little bit (really a little bit) of marine salt(to compensate the salt spray).

• SRC Member

beside water changes... any alternative ways to replace the trace elements? and what are the important elements needed for a reef tank?

for the drip or auto top up?? where can i get the thing?? issit a device or equipment? price range?

• Sponsor
beside water changes... any alternative ways to replace the trace elements? and what are the important elements needed for a reef tank?

for the drip or auto top up?? where can i get the thing?? issit a device or equipment? price range?

You can also replace trace elements by using trace elements additives. I do not recommend that simply because there are no way of measuring trace elements in your tank and hence, you will not know how much you are adding. Weekly or bi-weekly water change with freshly mixed saltwater would suffice.

You can either top-up water the conventional way or you can use either a drip system using a dosing pump or a water level sensing top up device like the Tubby (check sponsors' forum). Both are not too expensive.

• Sponsor

where are the drip system or tubby available?? any shop near woodlands checkpoint as i am staying in JB....

I don't thlnk there is any shops near Woodlands that carry any of these but you could actually try getting a dosing pump from any medical supplies shop in M'sia. As for the TUBBY, you need to contact Cookiemunster on SRC.

• SRC Member

yah it's not difficult... i did travelled to PR farm and LCK farm last sunday.... but i guess the problem is with the checkpoint officers.... some electronic devices or rather fishes might be taxed by them.... any idea??

why would your fishes be taxed? you're not buying in bulk what? just tell those custom officers that its for personal use.

those chumps tried taxing me once just because I brought my complete DSLR camera to Malaysia once. those clowns even had the cheek to say that I will sell it for a higher price and earn money for kopi. *groans* :off: