Cement the LR together

patrick123

Anyone know if it is safe to cement the LR together? This will ensure the stability of the LR and anemoie cannot do havoc on the LR.

Do you know where to buy the cement and is it fish safe?

Thanks,

Patrick

i saw some DIY LR from cement b4. so shld be reef safe.

i'm thinking of that too.. so can build a castle in the tank ;)

I don't mean DIY LR.

What I'm saying is to glue/cement pieces of LR together to make special arrangement that will easily fall apart without cement.

Anyone knows where to buy?

Thanks,

Patrick

if can use cememnt diy lr wic mean can use to join lf as well.. but how u gonna to keep ur lr alive?

• SRC Member

if can use cememnt diy lr wic mean can use to join lf as well.. but how u gonna to keep ur lr alive?

Someone on this forum actually said that they soak the LR in freshwater to remove the worms and crab. So the LR will be died anyway.

Furthermore, it is not like we glue every single liverock, but only the ones that are mission impossible without the cement.

Where can we get this epoxy glue?

• SRC Member

saw those epoxy putty at reborn..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
I use shelly epoxy, the 2 sticks one, to cement my corals to the LR.

RockyBoy,

So you also cement the LR what..... :P:P:P

BTW, where do you buy it? How long it takes to dry? and can you leave it to dry in water? Can you use it while there is LS in the tank?

Thanks,

Patrick

• SRC Member
I use shelly epoxy, the 2 sticks one, to cement my corals to the LR.

but is it reef safe?

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

• SRC Member

I recall reading in the book "Aquarium Corals : Selection, Husbandry, and Natural History" by Eric Borneman, believe in the chapter on handling corals, that it is okay to use glue to bond corals together with rocks. This is to prevent corals falling off the rocks and killing it and others it crashes on eventually.

That being the case, it is therefore implied that it is okay to glue rocks together.

Hope it is helpful.

• SRC Member
I recall reading in the book "Aquarium Corals : Selection, Husbandry, and Natural History" by Eric Borneman, believe in the chapter on handling corals, that it is okay to use glue to bond corals together with rocks.  This is to prevent corals falling off the rocks and killing it and others it crashes on eventually.

That being the case, it is therefore implied that it is okay to glue rocks together.

Hope it is helpful.

huh.. no one says its not ok what.. just that one will have problems when they need to rescape or upgrade...

and yes.. frustrated as it may seem, do not epoxy scallops to LR so that they can be visible.. :P

• SRC Member

then its even better.. can find most places..