Guccivera Mini Nano Dymax IQ5 Reefing journal. (3.5Gallon)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice prata collection in ur nano!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Hi your prata open very nice but mine open for 2-3hrs it will close then tomorrow open 2-3 hrs u know what is the problem ? Or this is normal to open and close by the way what clown fish is this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi your prata open very nice but mine open for 2-3hrs it will close then tomorrow open 2-3 hrs u know what is the problem ? Or this is normal to open and close by the way what clown fish is this

48f05eaf5da312aaf7b9d9a63213f638.jpg

I can't really give any comment because I'm not expert in Prata, but in experience enough to control parameter in nano. All I can say is not because of light or flow or temperature .

It's not doing good just do a fresh water dip for 1 minute. I kill a lot Prata nudibranch before and other stuff.

Anyway just make sure your fish don't nip it. It should puff else it's not healthy . Show me your Prata :P

Today not even open once haizzzz

Trying feeding it. Ur water might be too clean & lack of food in the water column.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

I have a noob question. I sometimes feed plankton to my corals but I'm never sure if it might get caught in filter floss or skimmed out by skimmer. So I always turn everything off and douse the corals with plankton with a turkey baster. Is this really necessary or can I just pour into the return pump outlet and let it just spread in the tank?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I have a noob question. I sometimes feed plankton to my corals but I'm never sure if it might get caught in filter floss or skimmed out by skimmer. So I always turn everything off and douse the corals with plankton with a turkey baster. Is this really necessary or can I just pour into the return pump outlet and let it just spread in the tank?

Recommended are target feed . Actually if you got time you can slowly target them 1 by 1. But if you have no time just pour at the return.

If it's a small tank then just pour directly to the flow without worry, but plankton are very small so offing skimmer and wave is recommend.

If you just a typical reefer not worry about the growth or coral just want the coral to remain the way it is and survive. You don't even need to feed because they feed off from nutrient and lights. Just occasionally pour in the water like once a week.

Else just do the target feeding. Let them grow and grow !

IN MY OPINION :P

• SRC Member

All right bro. I'll keep that up. Mainly because I'm trying to revive my almost dead goniopora. The flesh is so small I only see small lumps. Don't even know if they have the capability to eat lol. Think of isolating it in a small breeder box and dose plankton at it

00f37eacacfaeece156f0325a132b029.jpg

• SRC Member

All right bro. I'll keep that up. Mainly because I'm trying to revive my almost dead goniopora. The flesh is so small I only see small lumps. Don't even know if they have the capability to eat lol. Think of isolating it in a small breeder box and dose plankton at it

00f37eacacfaeece156f0325a132b029.jpg

looks bad.. Make sure that your breeder box got flow inside.. U may try those frozen lotifer. Can be done too. Good luck. 

• 3 weeks later...
Willy, any update of your corals after using both the Revoreef INTENSE & NUTRICORE?

I'm using it as a food source for my sea fan and others corals. For the color I can say they maintain because of the amino acid, but for others like growth? It's still early to tell. But still a pretty good food source with the promotion having now . Worth to get one and try .