Ich...damn this parasite

• Sponsor
glad to hear that. whats the salinity and temperature in ur this quarantine tank? adding a cleaner shrimp will help more too.

I like to ask can we mix garlic liquid into the the tank? will the fish be ich resistant in future as seen some reefer said their tang is resistant to ich when they were selling their tangs.

whats the best temperature u guys think is suitable killing ich and wont harm tangs?

Its not wise to add any invertebrates into the quarantine tank cos you may need to dose medication that contains copper. Copper is lethal to all inverts.

Its OK to add garlic juice to the feed but do not pour them into the tank! :o Please bear in mind that by adding garlic is equal to adding nutrients, so do not add too much.

If there are no inverts in the tank, you can safely raised the temperature slowly to 31 degree C. The fish won't be too bothered.

• SRC Member

the salinity is about 1.021...don't dare to drop further....the temperature? not too sure...but i know its definitely higher than 29degreeC...especially in the afternoon, it should be 31 or more coz my house is not very well ventilated and it can be quite warm....

actually i saw wrongly...the spots are still there....but he is behaving much normally...eating too....

Bro, it will be safe if you drop your salinity slowly.... juz draw out the water and replace by tapwater slowly, day by day.... until its lower... if the fish is eating, not too bad, feed with garlic and it will slowly recover...

Btw, you can hardly kill the ich altogther, you can only supress it by having healthy fish... :)

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

If your SG is 1.023, you need to drop it slowly to 1.015 or lower. But you need to watch your corals.

How long I need to maintain at 1.015 to kill the itch completely.

waterlife octozin is out for me.... my tank is 6ft..... how many bottles I need to buy???

• Sponsor

How long I need to maintain at 1.015 to kill the itch completely.

waterlife octozin is out for me.... my tank is 6ft..... how many bottles I need to buy???

Maintain it for as long as it takes. If Ich still prevails, you may drop it down slowly to 1.010. Don't be alarmed by this cos the acceoptable salinity range for an aquaria is 1.010 to 1.030. As long as its done slowly, it will not kill your fishes.

Maintain it for as long as it takes. If Ich still prevails, you may drop it down slowly to 1.010. Don't be alarmed by this cos the acceoptable salinity range for an aquaria is 1.010 to 1.030. As long as its done slowly, it will not kill your fishes.

But will it kill my coral... if I do it slowly??

I can catch all the fish if i use trap.

But I dun have Q tank......

All my "old" fish are immue to ich but only new fish will get ich..... my new irish idol just got itch....... I have perform fresh water dip for few days.... seems better still monitoring.

But I just want to remove the parasite from my tank completely

• SRC Member

Jason , the best way is to leave the tank void of fish for 2 months. That way , all traces of ICH will be eradicated from the main tank. Of course, no additions of LR or corals etc etc should be done for the 2 months.

In the menatime, Q the LS and do copper treatment etc etc while waitign for the 2 months dateline.

Jason , the best way is to leave the tank void of fish for 2 months. That way , all traces of ICH will be eradicated from the main tank. Of course, no additions of LR or corals etc etc should be done for the 2 months.

In the menatime, Q the LS and do copper treatment etc etc while waitign for the 2 months dateline.

Thanks...... but I have no extra tank setup......

• SRC Member

I think nowadays the LS not very healthy and very prone to ICH. wonder why.. thats why its alwasy safer to buy from more reputable LFS that does know how to Q and treat fishes before being released for sale to public.

I got ICH in my tank now too and it took out several of my fishes already. Learning a very painful lesson and will definately Q any new fishes for at least 2 weeks to monitor the health status before they are introduced to the main tank.

Planning to leave my main tank empty of fishes for at least a month to ensure that its ich free. painful and sian but i guess its the only way...

Well... for my old 100 litres tank, I really did go 2.5months w/o fish!

But I made a mistake, didn't keep my 4ft fishless for another 2 months before I transfer all my stuffs over and soon the fishes also kanna ich. Now have to live with it. Luckily under control now. My 2 tangs body are very clean but once a while still see one or two dots on them.

I guess my mistake is not Q my new fishes. But those are from CF lei.

Still dunno where those ich came from :P