100 Gallon Mixed Reef!

Ian Fun

Hi all,

my mixed reef tank seems to be coming along nicely, just slowly stocking fishes (rest of the fishes are in QT) and waiting for the corals to grow out! 3x2x2 Tank is from AM, got the set from them pretty reasonably. 90Gallon display and roughly 20gallon sump. Skimmer, bio pellet reactor, macroalgae, rowaphos and carbon in the sump. 

Shan't bore you with too much text, just gonna attach a video i made randomly on a hazy day. Enjoy! :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSQmnD7mzKw 

Edited by Ian Fun
added video link

Beautiful moorish idol!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

I cant take all the credit for the scape, the uncle from AM painstakingly stacked it as per my desire/direction for a good few hours before we settled on this!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! :) Will post some pics of the goodies in my QT and other tanks soon. 

Some pictures I dredged up from my folders. Had issues with uploading them the last time but works now! 

FTS to start us off! Only  change is the Red sea fan is alittle lower. Urchin keeps nudging it off. 

FTS0922.thumb.JPG.ee673d8314d5c6eccde899

Moorish making a mess of the Nori sometime back. 

IMG_0432.thumb.JPG.e40786f2fa3f5187c725f

Here are some of the fishes in the QT now.

Pyramid Butterfly

IMG_0606.thumb.JPG.22a87ffe5dccce9ff615c

Watanabei Angel Female (big girl!)

IMG_0445.thumb.JPG.e36be7e9df3664ad85a8d

Powder Blue Tang! Never had it have ich yet, 5 weeks into QT now. Eats like a pig. BFFs with Watanabei.

IMG_0570.thumb.JPG.3567f373fb26f9a149165

My fish room! Not as elaborate or awesome as other reefers here but works for me! My beardog loves to sleep in there. The 2 QTs are 40 gallons and the ones beside it are 2 footers which i have since been cycling and trying to plumb the bottom one into a sump for a smaller project. (if anyone has a skimmer or return pumps they wanna get rid off/sell, do pm me!) I have another DT in the living room which is 50gallons and has a YT and an algae blenny. More of a budget system, so no sps there, hah. 

10518598_10153199851096298_2771445476193

Thanks for stopping by! :) have a great week ahead!

Edited by Ian Fun

Wow, so many fish tanks!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Some of the QT fishes. Lemon peel! What is he staring inside the betta box..?

image.thumb.jpg.2ab24bc1ff249e83e30a1b33

He's staring at the tiny joculator! 

image.thumb.jpg.5b2310e70894b0a60a379183

image.thumb.jpg.fc636cb61c7bea94c1dd1714

the joculator will have it's own 2 footer tank for a few months till it has the chance to grow out more before I tpy with the idea of putting him into my main tank. But right now, it's in the QT for the next couple of weeks! Here's to hoping he grows big and fat , fast.

IMG_8946.MOV

heres a a video of him pecking on very small and fine pellets. She's taking small brine, mysis as well! 

Edited by Ian Fun