Kalkwasser drip

trader_best

• SRC Member

can show the inside? wana see how to make it higher so as to drip only the clear solution....with the airtubes, can it drip?

coz i tried with air tubes n it doesn't drip.... :(

hey guys, can share the pics of the drip you DIY? Thanks

• SRC Member
can show the inside? wana see how to make it higher so as to drip only the clear solution....with the airtubes, can it drip?

Is it the picture clear enough. :blink: Just drill a hole slightly higher than the bottom on the side of the container. I mix the kalk water with the plastic valve closed. One hours later, I open the value slightly and start dripping (1 drop per second). ;)

Can't understand why you air tube doesn't drip??? Any water higher than the air tube will leak out from the tube, isn't it?

Woonming, just curious, why can't the solution be exposed to air?

just to help wooming answer.

Calcium may react with the carbon dioxide present in the air and you may get Calcium Carbonate white precipitate, which is insoluble.

for the chem freaks

Ca + O2 = CaO

CaO + CO2 = CaCO3

I THINK I'm correct lah. since Kalk = Calcium, this should be the case.

• SRC Member

This article is regarding adding vinegar to increase the solubility of the Ca in Kalk. I also added 5ml of vinegar for 2 L of Kalk. But, it is still safer to drip it slowly in the tank instead of pouring the whole kalk directly. ;)

darn...for the moment thought i can do without the drip... :P

Don't have a sump so a drip can look quite ugly sitting on top of a tank....

Tin Eng

• SRC Member

hey tin eng...

somethings above the tank will look odd rite...but becoz me using prizm so already one side of the tank got something pop out liao... might as well put the drip on the other side...balance mah....and it helps to grow coralline algae...shiok man! mine start growing new C-algae...

ps. by the way, i also dun have sump :blink: