Off to Dayang!!!!

kelstorm

• SRC Member

yeah.. in another 30 mins, i'm off to Dayang... :rolleyes:

Time to blow bubbles.... :upsidedown:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

wah....really envy you leh......the excitment of going for a holiday....shiok man....be safe bro. and share with us some photos....

Been donkeys years since I was there...... :lol:

• SRC Member

hahaha!! We are back!!! The vis was fantastic for the 2 days of dive. At least 10-15m of vis. Drift most of the time save air :lol:

Oh man!! Can't wait for the photos. Shot 2 rolls of film. :D

Pinnacles was an adventure. Who wants to experience to hang like a flag should try it :lol:

Stay tune for more report ;)

• SRC Member

Tioman visibility is improving compare to the last update reported by Lona (5m). Visibility is from 7 - 10m last weekend. Weather was fantastic last weekend. Sunny and cloudy all the time. Surf was small.

I did not dive as I have to take care of my family during their snorkelling session.

I was at Salang Beach during the lowest tide. I walk around the edge of the beach to find plenty of live corals.

I saw plenty of Crocea clams from small tiny ones to a palm size clams as usual stuck to a rock. Colourful hues of the mantle really attracted me. I even lifted a few up for close examinations. :ph34r: Some of them are even expose to the air during low tide. Same goes to the acros and staghorns.

Acros are a plenty. I picked up a a foot long acro colony. Boy! that would cost $200+ if purchased.

Saw other corals like finger corals, leather corals, carpet anemone, table acro, staghorns, etc.

All corals are left where they belong! In the sea... How I wish.......

• SRC Member

During one of my dives in Lang, i came across a red "roti-prata", abt the size of my forearm... man, it is huge...

Yes, pinnicles 1 is very challenging... and best part, not all the time, pinnicles can be dived!!!!....

hey, norman, me waiting for your photos too... i was busying pumping nitrogen into my system... hahaha.. :D

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Hi...How do you guys go to Dayang nowadays? By land to Mersing (3-4hrs) then by bum boat to Dayang (6hrs)??? Any changes? :huh:

Tioman better.....got flight.....door to door the most 2 hours. :lol:

• SRC Member
Hi...How do you guys go to Dayang nowadays? By land to Mersing (3-4hrs) then by bum boat to Dayang (6hrs)??? Any changes? :huh:

Tioman better.....got flight.....door to door the most 2 hours. :lol:

3 hrs by coach, 3 hrs by boat.

No doubt Tioman can go by plane but the cost... <_<

• SRC Member

Just endure the 2-3hrs coach ride then stay overnight at timotel... prefer that kind of arrangement.... overnight boat.... brrr... so cold and can't sleep.

btw, picture can only collect on thursday. So you guys have to wait awhile :P

But here is a shot of the group. Leisure + OWD + Crews

post-12-1080001059.jpg

• SRC Member

Hey, that guy in jungle hat standing in the middle of the pic. looks familiar.. oh.. that is me... hehehe. :yeah:

• SRC Member
Hey, that guy in jungle hat standing in the middle of the pic. looks familiar.. oh.. that is me... hehehe. :yeah:

I thought you're the one wearing the bikini...

• SRC Member

I thought you're the one wearing the bikini...

err.. bikini??? i dun see anybody wearing it leh.. ur eyes playing tricks on u???

• SRC Member
i want to join ur group if there is such a big turn out liao :D

actually, i prefer a smaller dive group of no more than 6 divers without counting the DMs... if not, the boat is like custer-F**k.... gear is everywhere... especially with almost everybody using Jetfins!!! ;)

will keep u informed if i have any trips with big group coming up.. :P