Anyone Using Red Sea Coral Pro Sea Salt???

• SRC Member

I am using it. What do you mean by cloudy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi bro, keep mixing but it is always cloudy. After 1 hour of mixing just proceed with the water change. Display tank looks like a sand storm but after 2 days cleared up but can see alot of white deposit at the bottom of sump.

"It said on the box Requires Windows 95 or better - so i bought a Mac"

• SRC Member

If you followed the instructions , it meant to be used immediately after dissloved . It turns cloudy if you left overnight . I always adjust to 1.025 and used it immediately 

• SRC Member

If you followed the instructions , it meant to be used immediately after dissloved . It turns cloudy if you left overnight . I always adjust to 1.025 and used it immediately 

Ok i will try this method. Thanks alot!

• SRC Member

When just add the salt it will be cloudy but It will clear out usually 10-15 mins later for me.I am using a pump to mix my water in my barrel and mix ard 120l each time. I mix on the day that I want to use the salt. The water I already prestore earlier.

• SRC Member

Latest Update for me:

Using a large ladle and stirring vigorously in the pail of fresh RODI water and add the salt in small amounts at a time did not work.

at SG 1.025 the pail of only 12 litres turned cloudy. Noticed that at point SG 1.014 it was still clear...Mmmmmm something is wrong with my salt?

• Like 1

• SRC Member
Latest Update for me:

Using a large ladle and stirring vigorously in the pail of fresh RODI water and add the salt in small amounts at a time did not work.

at SG 1.025 the pail of only 12 litres turned cloudy. Noticed that at point SG 1.014 it was still clear...Mmmmmm something is wrong with my salt?

Try to use a wave maker / strong pump to mix..

• SRC Member

I use a tunze 6025 to mix my salt. Just aim at the bottom of the pail. Churns like crazy, salt mixed within ten mins. Even water crusted salt chunks were successfully dissolved

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

I am using this to test SG. Thanks everyone! I will try to use a powerful equipment to mix the next batch. BTW the cloudy water cleared up this morning in the tank.

30j71c0.jpg

• 1 month later...

I usually fill up a pail with water. Then pour in 2 cups of RSCP and use my glass cleaner stick to stir the water. The salt residue will go to the center bottom of the pail and you need to make sure that the salt are fully dissolved. I will stir for around 10 minutes and add it into my sump directly. The residue will dissolve in my sump if it is not stirred properly.

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

• SRC Member

I am using this salt too. Yes, it will turn cloudy even after it has cleared out like half an hour. And later if continuing using pump for stirring, the water will turn cloudy. But it didn't deter me from using it. I thought I have read it somewhere that this salt does give such an issue but it is not harmful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...