Fish Dying.. pls help....

• SRC Member

Anyone can help, this morning i saw my powder blue tang not eating and saw a 2 small dark patches at the stomach area. Fish dont look good... not too sure if is parasites attack??? 4 days back, my Naso Tang just die without any sign... next day my hermit crab was feeding on it.. I manage to catch the power ble and put it in a pail with air bubble.. not too sure if can last till tonight.... Any advise pls....

Will change water this weekend...

alan

I put my tangs in my refugium with cheatos and some different micro algae they started to eat straight away. This is my third try for tang seen in the past my tang keep dying of stress with many Ich on the body .

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

It's better for you to list your tank parameter. I don't really recommend powder blue tang. Maybe you try with easier tang like blue tang ?

Anyway back to the topic.

How long your tank has been running.

Ammonia

Nitrite

Nitrate ? :)

I don't think is possible to save the fish. But is possible to find the cause of the problem . Last thing you need to hope that is not disease

Your tank has ich. Tangs are ich magnet. No matter how many u put, it will contract with ich.

when u bought the tangs and put into your refug, they started feeding because the ich has not fully develop on the body yet. 

You should start curing the ich before putting in more livestock.

• SRC Member
It's better for you to list your tank parameter. I don't really recommend powder blue tang. Maybe you try with easier tang like blue tang ?

Anyway back to the topic.

How long your tank has been running.

Ammonia

Nitrite

Nitrate ?

I don't think is possible to save the fish. But is possible to find the cause of the problem . Last thing you need to hope that is not disease

Regal tangs(blue tangs) are also ich magnets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regal tangs(blue tangs) are also ich magnets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha all the tang ich magnet, I got better chances with blue tang because bought 2 with ich yet they recover and immune to it

I heard feeding fishes food with garlic can help prevent ich, is it true? I bought some Kent marine garlic concentrate to mix into my pellets to feed my fishes which includes yellow tang. Hopefully it works.

In my experience , enhance the taste for them to eat. If they eat they will be stronger / less weaker. As time goes by it will immune to ich.