The Nano's Tank

Idly

• SRC Member

So,I was lured by my friend into this hobby and started out with several pico tank.So after 3 pico tank,finally decided to get a 1.5ft cube tank.still learning thouh and made alot plenty of mistake along the way.so here it goes from day 1:

image.jpeg

• SRC Member

And after that,hand and pocket got itchy and upgraded to slighly bigger 30cm cube tank ios.so its with a par38 light and a boyu skimmer.my "sifu" taught me well and he nagged at me sarcastically often on my setup.oh well,i am a newbie.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• SRC Member

Nice set up.

You using rubber hose for your return?

It look kind of dangerous, the hose will come off especially if u burn the hose to fit the pump.

It happen to me before, luckily it drop out at the return outlet of the return. 

hi bro.thanks!

yup its a rubber hose and it took me an hour to fit the hose all the way to the pvc pipe.super tight.now that you say it,i'm abit worried right now.

Not sure whether you can see it but thanks for the advise!will learn more and be better from here.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• SRC Member

Anyway,got a good big rock from my beloved friend who decided to decomm his 1.5ft cube.also got my own rock from my pico tank and combine it.add some sand and water.ready to cycle and at the same time looking out for a good chiller and dosing pump.a month of painful waiting.ocassionally on the light,wave maker off and skimmer on.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice nano setup!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Nice pics bro. Keep it coming.

agree with bro iceman. Should change the rubber hose.

thansk bro!will change the rubber hose when i get the chiller.now i keep on looking at the hose everytime.i dont want my house to flood.

Haha, thks, bro. Once urs is stocked up it will look juz as great!! Cheers.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

So after 2 weeks of decaying prawn (the old tradition way) for cycling and daily dose off microbacter7,decided to do some test.nitrite and ammonia at 0 but nitrate is at 5 to 10ppm.i dont have enough space to make a refugium in my sump since its a small sump for 1.5ft cube.now trying to change water to see wether it could reduce the nitrate to 0ppm..hhhmmm

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• SRC Member

So after 20days of cycling,parameters seem to be all good.saw feather worm starting to bloom.time to try a few damsels.went to T95 and bought 3 cute baby dominos.i am praying that they don't fight.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• SRC Member

The chiller its here!hs-28a.bought from a freshwater bro who use for 7 to 8 months only.condition good and pretty silent.time to lower down the 30.3 degress of water.please ignore the phone.was finding place to put it but nowhere now.hopefully wifey dont make noise.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• SRC Member

Did a test today and here are the results:

Temp : 27.6

Salinity: 1.25

NH3 : 0

NO2 : 0

NO3 : 5ppm (i still can't get rid of it!so sad.)

Ca: 450

Kh: 8.0

Mg: Not tested

Ph: Not tested

So with this result,i have yet to on my dosing pump.but i'm wondering do i need to improve on elsewhere?i know my nitrate are still present.i will try and monitor it till next week with a water change.hopefully to make it 0.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

After a week,did another round of test:

Temp: 27.6

Salinity: 1.25

NH3: 0

NO2: 0

NO3: 2.5 (decrease by half.yippy!)

Calcium: 420 (decrease by 30)

KH: 9.3 (increase by 1.3)

Mg: Not tested

Ph: Not tested

i read alot of forum and they say that a stable kh should be 11.is that true?i am not so sure.anyway got my first few crew in the tank and tru octo as well as torch.thanks to AM and Pinnacle for the good stock available.lights are using AI Prime.16k for the day and 20k for the night.happy weekends!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg