1/2 hp chiller

• SRC Member

Hope I'm not posting in the wrong area.. else :bow:

Searching through the previous postings, I still haven got much idea on which 1/2 hp chiller to get.

Now after CYN, got "ang bo" to spend.. :yeah::yeah:

Maybe you guys could fill me in on your current chillers and opinions, and place to get them.

Searching for: 1/2 hp chiller for 2ft tank w/ 2 ft sump, n 150W MH

Chiller: Hailea

Teco

etc

thank you :thanks:

• SRC Member
Hope I'm not posting in the wrong area.. else :bow:

Searching through the previous postings, I still haven got much idea on which 1/2 hp chiller to get.

Now after CYN, got "ang bo" to spend.. :yeah::yeah:

Maybe you guys could fill me in on your current chillers and opinions, and place to get them.

Searching for: 1/2 hp chiller for 2ft tank w/ 2 ft sump, n 150W MH

Chiller: Hailea

Teco

etc

thank you :thanks:

Hey Mr COOl,

dun think u need a 1/2 HP chiller for 2 ft tank leh... unless u upgrading to larger tank later ;)

maybe 1/4 HP enough, wun burnt a big hole in ur pocket

Hi guys.. Aquatechnic's retail price for the new TW6 (upgraded RA680) is S$2281. (The Euro has gone up to 1.95 exchange rate... higher than US$!). RA680 is obsolete already.

They will probably reduce to $2166 for walk-in discounts.

Special price for SRC members at S$2066, INCLUSIVE delivery.

You will still enjoy the one-for-one exchange policy during the one year warranty.

Interested? PM me. :)

Alice told me you bought a lot of dupla stuff together right? You got a good discount because of that.

You sure it was a RA680? TW6 has the fan blowing out behind... the RA680's exhaust is blowing out from the front.

The new shipment is pegged at current Euro prices... :(

Hey guys i just purchased TW6 or RA680 for $1800 nett at aquatechnic just a week++ ago.ARI recommended me.They aware that euro has gone up but still charge me $1800 flat.Maybe need Ang Pow money urgently for New Year hehehe..... :eyebrow:

are you sure about your purchase. $1800 looks more like current price for RA240. post your pic of receipt online huh? its hard to believe. stirring the market issit? :ooh::ph34r::o:shock:

I didnt buy any dupla products.Only the chiller.Tank was setup by myself.Bought tank +cabinet+ sump + powerhead+filter media +salt +sand at pacific marine c/w delivery and piping installation cost me $15++.For lighting i only use compact light.2x 10000K and 2x blue light.

post-6-1044494364.jpg

Cableguy. Nice setup you have, for the fact that you just started it recently. If you want any lobang for cheap, new & good products just drop me a line. According to picture of your chiller it is better to put your chiller outside of your cabinet so that your chiller has a cross ventilation.!! As for your live rock, just put about 12ml of cobisan per week to develop of pink calcareous algae for your 4ft tank. It will look wonderful to see all the liverock look PURPLE IN COLOUR !!

• SRC Member
Hi guys.. Aquatechnic's retail price for the new TW6 (upgraded RA680) is S$2281. (The Euro has gone up to 1.95 exchange rate... higher than US$!). RA680 is obsolete already.

They will probably reduce to $2166 for walk-in discounts.

Special price for SRC members at S$2066, INCLUSIVE delivery.

You will still enjoy the one-for-one exchange policy during the one year warranty.

Interested? PM me. :)

Wow! $2281 for TW6.. and $2166 for walk-in! $2066 for SRC members.

When I first bought the TW6 (the first batch) last year, people don't believe that model exists, I can't even find TW6 at TECO website. They even said I bluff and there are no such thing as TW6. Although I was looking for RA680.

But I bought it at $1500 but paid $1545 cause I use credit card (additional 3%). That lady at Aquatechnic was trying to convince me that I get a good price and the next batch will cost more because of Euro. Anyway I got the bank to split the payment through 6 months interest free installment. It is lesser on my pocket that way.

I do expect the price to go $1800 but not $2281.

How can we keep up with this hobby.... sigh!

Cableguy. Nice setup you have, for the fact that you just started it recently. If you want any lobang for cheap, new & good products just drop me a line. According to picture of your chiller it is better to put your chiller outside of your cabinet so that your chiller has a cross ventilation.!! As for your live rock, just put about 12ml of cobisan per week to develop of pink calcareous algae for your 4ft tank. It will look wonderful to see all the liverock look PURPLE IN COLOUR !!

Hi Ari,

BTW what is "Cobisan", I've not heard of this supplement before?

Thanks,

Pet