FOWLR here i come AGAIN

jackalcleo

Have failed 2 times in the last 2 decades and now back the 3rd time :yahoo: going after my childhood dream.

Thought it will be good to share since I used this folder extensively to search for ideas and answers.

This time round is a 5 footer occupy the space at my existing dining table as below.

IMG-20160516-WA0003.jpg

Discuss with tank maker on my requirements and also info I found in this members tank folder to come up with the design.

Always enjoy this part of the discussion (especially with a knowledgeable and 1st class service from CRA) as how many times can you buy a tank :yeah:

Wanted the tank to be quiet and also able to view from the kitchen through partition glass.

Bean animal and 3 side crystal glass will be used in this tank as recommended by Dan of CRA.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

• SRC Supporter
Actually I more concern on how long to fill the tank with fishes due to Quarantine:rolleyes:

Consider buying establish fish from reefer who is selling them will help u skip this step.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Very nice n ideal location u have for ur tank..staying tuned here for ur update with pics n videos..cheers n happy reefing

I agreed with buying reefer fish so as to skip the QT process..of coz u got to QC the fish b4 buying..

Ps: just a suggestion, u can consider place ur top up tank on a higher ground then can use gravity for topping up..really save $ n failproof..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• 3 weeks later...

Always want something where you can view from 2 rooms. Waiting eagerly for your updates. 

I have problem with my chiller boxed up and only recently managed to find fans strong enough to vent out the hot air. 3 fans sucking air out and 1 fan sucking cold air in but it is still hot at least the chiller now can bring down the temperature. Should have designed something nice to leave chiller expose open.

Just to share my views, but don't know if you are using chiller as FOWLR. 

4 hours ago, Allan said:

Always want something where you can view from 2 rooms. Waiting eagerly for your updates. 

I have problem with my chi (ller boxed up and only recently managed to find fans strong enough to vent out the hot air. 3 fans sucking air out and 1 fan sucking cold air in but it is still hot at least the chiller now can bring down the temperature. Should have designed something nice to leave chiller expose open.

Just to share my views, but don't know if you are using chiller as FOWLR. 

yes using compressor for my FOWLR. The fan is on the left side of the cabinet cover with mesh (not wood) and the other 2 side also with either mesh and big lobang behind cabinet. Hope it is enough as there's no obstruction for the fan to blow out hot air now.

I did think of putting mesh (smaller the holes the worse but bigger holes will make it look ugly) but the result not that good hot air still trap inside as there is no flow of air to tell the hot air where to go. Although from looking at your design it is completely open with mesh, mesh will still prevent hot air to disperse fast. My opinion is that if can design with a fan to pull hot air from the top and one fan to pull cold air in from below your air will disperse fast. This will create an artifical flow path to tell the hot air where to go. 

Hope it helps.

But if compressor is directly left of the cabinet and no hot air being blow into within the cabinet it still might works but then you need to think of the cold air the compressor needed, must not have blockage of the inlet of cold air.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Supporter
On 8/8/2016 at 7:15 PM, jackalcleo said:

DI water preparation

20160701_092331.jpg

Nice set up you have there. Look forward to updates!

BTW, what's with the canister filter?

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/