My 4ft Wonder

• SRC Member

I just manage to get hold of a Par measurement tool.

Apogee MQ-500 

This is the Light Schedule for my tank

Screenshot 2017-05-23 17.36.11.jpg

This is the outcome of my Par Measurement for my tank

Par_Reading.jpg

*Please note that when we using the sensor...please note that there is some compensation to be made for the underwater usage.

Quoted from Apogee Website:

Underwater PAR measurements collected using a full-spectrum sensor can be corrected by multiplying by 1.32; measurements collected using an original Apogee sensor should be multiplied by 1.08*.

It is all part of reefing to make things nicer and better

• Like 1

• SRC Member

For those people who r thinking of Pur valve of their aquarium light... Radion across the board at

UV 100%
Royal Blue 100%
Blue 100%
White 50%
Red 24%
Green 24%

It has a pur output at 75% meaning let's say 100 par output 75% of it is use-able for photosynthesis for the corals... the left over 25% is gone to waste...

With this.. I will try to tune to light to give me a higher Pur Percentage as compared to Par Output..

It is better to have a Lower Par Output but it is the spectrum needed by the corals as much as possible.. as compared to a high high par output but poor pur percentage which means a lot of our light/energy has gone to waste...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
Bro your G4 intensity at 100%? Will not be too strong for ur sps? I'm at 65% intensity only.

i am running at that intensity to give me the par level i needed.. each tank is different so we cannot compare like that.. further more i am running a g4 not the g4 pro therefore g4 100% intensity par output is less than g4pro 100% intensity par output due to the difference in the number of bulbs...

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Manage to change out my Co2 regulator to the Intense which was soooo much easier to tune.. Seriously anyone who wanna run co2 cr should invest in the intense regulator.. especially if u wanna fine-tune the bubble rate...

Right now i am running my CR on a different concept.. Output of the CR is not reduce to drips but to a trickle flow and PH controller is running cut off at 7.75.. but CR ph will just hover around 7.82.. this allows the dkh to maintain at 7.7dKH..

fb4dd8bc69297bed1e9cb21871ea2dfc.jpg

• SRC Member

Did Socks Laundry today.. First Rinse out the dirt... Wash in Washing Machine with Bleach and then do second wash with rinse and spin only without any detergent to ensure socks is clear of bleach... Soak them in RODI water first before drying them to keep...

c7f1887426d01afc0bfd0f44eac83af9.jpg

• Like 1

• SRC Supporter
1 hour ago, Daniel Poh Yang Zheng said:

Manage to change out my Co2 regulator to the Intense which was soooo much easier to tune.. Seriously anyone who wanna run co2 cr should invest in the intense regulator.. especially if u wanna fine-tune the bubble rate...

Right now i am running my CR on a different concept.. Output of the CR is not reduce to drips but to a trickle flow and PH controller is running cut off at 7.75.. but CR ph will just hover around 7.82.. this allows the dkh to maintain at 7.7dKH..

fb4dd8bc69297bed1e9cb21871ea2dfc.jpg

I suspect your calcium reactor pH probe is out of calibration or seal is breached.  7+ pH to melt CR media sounds a big high.

Yeah...the intense regulator are very easy use. I see some white marks on the knurled knob & threads. Did you use some kind of sealant?

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member

Yupz.. my PH probe is abit out of cal.. by 0.2ph... Paiseh for pointing out the error.. it should be 6.xx not 7.xx haha... my error in the post..i will edit to change it... I buy the intense second hand.. the previous guy don't knw how to tighten it and destroy the washer, so i replace the washer and got it tested and the rest was history..

Just cal both PH probe one for CR and another one just to monitor tank PH and both of them was out by 0.2 and 0.3 respectively.. so now my tank ph is in a better level...

• SRC Member

Update Changes due to write error

Output of the CR is not reduce to drips but to a trickle flow and PH controller is running cut off at 6.75.. but CR PH will just hover around 6.82.. i previously put 7.xx which is wrong.... :)

• SRC Member

I made a chaeto reactor out from a Fluidised Reactor.

Buying Grow Light (4red:1blue) from China and solder the stuff togather...

It is also rated to IP68 which meant it can be used underwater.

2017-06-23 10.05.31.jpg2017-06-23 10.05.38.jpg

Now it is photo of it sitting in the sump which i made some space for...

I also did a clean up of my sump area by clearing out most of the controller out of the sump area...

2017-06-23 10.05.43.jpg2017-06-23 10.05.50.jpg

• SRC Member

I will monitor the growth of the chaeto... it has been running for a week now on a reverse cycle..

Test Kit reading

Hanna PO4 ULR - 32 ppb - 0.098ppm

Nyos NO3 - 10mg/L

Salifert NO3 - 2.5mg/L

I am not sure which one to follow but people been telling me to follow the Salifert one and also see how it goes in the tank the corals..

I am not too worried because it is not say very far apart...

Hopefully when the chaeto takes off....i wanna remove my AIO biopellets.... already decommissioned my gfo reactor already so i will continue to monitor the PO4 levels...will try to bring it down to between 10 to 20 ppb which is good enough for a clean yet not too clean tank.... so now i am waiting for the chaeto to confirm some growth...then i will take it out the aio biopellets or reduce the amount inside.... i am not too sure if the AIO is working efficiently but i will like to remove it to move from a artificial carbon source to a live macro algae export method.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Currently right now i am opening up my gate valve fully to see the volume of overflow return to sump will caused any gurgling effect...so far it has been really awesomely quiet... 

I will monitor it further... and if there is any issue....if there is no problem...i will leave it open and remove it when i mod/change my sump...

Stay in tune for a new sump build

DPYZ SUMP 2017_3.jpg

DPYZ SUMP 2017_1.jpgDPYZ SUMP 2017_2.jpg

To have a refugium or should i just put the refugium into a reactor...

DPYZ SUMP 2017_REFU.jpg

• SRC Supporter
I made a chaeto reactor out from a Fluidised Reactor.
Buying Grow Light (4red:1blue) from China and solder the stuff togather...
It is also rated to IP68 which meant it can be used underwater.

2017-06-23 10.05.31.jpg2017-06-23 10.05.38.jpg
Now it is photo of it sitting in the sump which i made some space for...
I also did a clean up of my sump area by clearing out most of the controller out of the sump area...
2017-06-23 10.05.43.jpg2017-06-23 10.05.50.jpg

Sump look like disco light now..

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Supporter
17 hours ago, Daniel Poh Yang Zheng said:

Flow Basic...

I have been worried about the amount of flow in my tank...

but now haha...according to Ecotech... 3 x MP40 in my tank is too much...

Screenshot 2017-06-24 01.08.00.png

So what do u think?? Is it really too 

I think it really depends on the rock scape as well. If wavemakers are placed at opposite ends facing each other, there will be a point with zero velocity. Hence by changing the flow pattern of each wavemaker will eliminate the duration of this 'dead zone'. You have the reeflink set up right?

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Just a short update as to what has been happening...

I took the chance over the last few weeks to clean up my sump abit....clear out some stuff and also rinse stuff...

Cleaning my CR media of all the Cal Media Fines

2017-08-10 10.29.34.jpg

2017-08-10 10.29.53.jpg

2017-08-10 10.29.08.jpg

So now it runs cleaner...less choking...

and also i decided to decom my eheim media reactor and bag all the media to one big bag so that it is easier to clean and contain... had to rinse it two times to make sure all the detritus are out of the media.... and not being put back in the system... 

I rinsed them in RODI water which was a mistake...i should have rinsed them in a salt water mix so that the media bacteria will not die out... but it is already done when i remembered....so double my dose of bacteria in to repopulate the medias...

2017-08-10 10.29.59.jpg2017-08-10 10.30.06.jpg2017-08-10 10.30.15.jpg2017-08-10 10.30.29.jpg

I manage to find a bigger reactor...so to a new Chaeto Reactor...double in volume and size...

Woot..

2017-08-10 10.30.41.jpg2017-08-10 10.30.47.jpg

Did a full para test check out on the system...

2017-08-10 10.30.54.jpg

And also my new additives are here....

cant wait to get it going...and see what difference it will make to my tank...

2017-08-10 10.31.00.jpg

Regards

Daniel

2017-08-10 10.29.43.jpg

2017-08-10 10.30.22.jpg

Edited by Daniel Poh Yang Zheng
Deleted off some photos..

• SRC Supporter
On 8/10/2017 at 10:40 AM, Daniel Poh Yang Zheng said:

cant wait to get it going...and see what difference it will make to my tank...

2017-08-10 10.31.00.jpg

Could you share more about this?

• Like 1