IM 10 filter compartment

• SRC Member

Hi, i'm looking to set up a nano tank and am looking at IM10. Can i know what are the fellow reefers using for the back compartment so i can maximise the usage? 

i am looking to use filter sock, AIO biopellet/chemipure, ghost skimmer and probably chaeto.

• SRC Member

When I was running my IM 10, I used the stock caddy in the inflow chamber, used the ghost skimmer for awhile in the middle chamber. Eventually I filled all the chambers with bacteria king media 

space is a premium I must say :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/04/2018 at 4:44 PM, Zhi Long Oh said:

Hi, i'm looking to set up a nano tank and am looking at IM10. Can i know what are the fellow reefers using for the back compartment so i can maximise the usage? 

i am looking to use filter sock, AIO biopellet/chemipure, ghost skimmer and probably chaeto.

chemipure is convenient but i think it's not wallet friendly. $10 every 6 weeks........

• SRC Member
5 minutes ago, rojakclownfish said:

actually i just got my IM10 haha. doing water cycle now so i have nth in my caddy yet. planning to put chaeto and rowa. currently i have the ghost skimmer running

I see. Thats good. Work out a plan that can sustain you in the long term. Basic thumb of rule is to export more nutrients than u put in