Roidan's Reef (II)

roidan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
lots of firefish? wah... :blink: ..er...ok :blink:

dun call them stupid chromis lah..afterall they din asked to be put in your nice tank in the first place....they were stupidly caught by you instead of swimming away from your net at the lfs....so now they stupidly waiting to be caught by your net to get them out again lor... ;)

try netting them when they are distracted during feeding time...or go read up on fish traps, but i doubt useful...hehe

actually can leave them alone mah...i dun think the 5 chromis will be aggressive towards your tangs

i know not aggressive towards my tank lah!.....you think I so "swa-ku" ah?....... :lol:

kept them before but were never this greedy because I can't feed my LPS in peace because they keep ripping away the pieces I feed to them..... :angry:

maybe my water conditions too good.....thanks to my RSB..... :lol::lol:

• SRC Member
then feed more till the chromis had their fill and then they will let you feed your LPS in peace...no problems one lah..leave your chromis alone...only 5 of them...you dun need that much feed to fill 5 chromis till they are full :D

unfortunately these chromis never stop eating.... :blink: don't know where they get the appetite from..... :lol: Never soak with Garlic even but hope can catch or else have to do major aquascaping.....very sian liao..... :(

unfortunately these chromis never stop eating.... :blink: don't know where they get the appetite from..... :lol: Never soak with Garlic even but hope can catch or else have to do major aquascaping.....very sian liao..... :(

can one...

i am sure you can feed them till they stop eating...u just stand in front of the tank and pour food about a few times their body mass volume and i am sure there will be a point where they stop eating.....and like you said, your skimmer sure no problems.. :)

eg...if you think all the 5 chromis bodies put side by side is about the volume of 2 ping pong balls...then u drop about 5 ping pong balls volume of food for them...if they still hungry..next time drop 6, 7, 8, 9...

i am sure there will be a point where they give up eating :lol:

• SRC Member

can one...

i am sure you can feed them till they stop eating...u just stand in front of the tank and pour food about a few times their body mass volume and i am sure there will be a point where they stop eating.....and like you said, your skimmer sure no problems.. :)

eg...if you think all the 5 chromis bodies put side by side is about the volume of 2 ping pong balls...then u drop about 5 ping pong balls volume of food for them...if they still hungry..next time drop 6, 7, 8, 9...

i am sure there will be a point where they give up eating :lol:

:shock::shock::shock:

everywhere and anywhere, i move around to buy my stuff

prices also forget, i dun jot down what i buy, where i bought and how much much...

i buy the stuff from most of the places mentioned in the LFS weekly update...but just that i buy them on weekdays rather than weekends....when the shipment reaches the LFSs....so i dunno what kind of stuff is left on weekends usually :)

hehe...coz AP's chromis never seem to stop eating...maybe we can conduct experiment on how much greedy chromis can eat in proportion to their body mass before they stop :lol:

eh.. I tik some fishes damn greedy..

live to eat..

wat I read is that up to a point after u overfeed, the fish will poot poot out the food w/o proper digestion.. tangs are one good eg.. so in out in out.. basically non-stop. maybe can eat more than me.. hehe

actually while feeding my anthiases and tangs, i do notice that past a certain amount, they will ignore the food that goes pass them...ie..they almost had their fill already..

initially..any food appearing before their eyes..they will gobble down..and there will be a point where they will react indifferently to the food flying around them :)

• SRC Member

Bro Roidan,

Do you know when you change water, how many % is the water change relation to your water volume?

I heard someone say that 30% change of water every 2 months is better than 5-10% of water change every week. Is this true?

if you want fast dilution, of coz the higher percentage will achieve the goal faster and more effectively, but smaller percentages will do for casual water changes where nothing is out of whack in a system....

basically i am the wrong person to give you such opinions...coz i just did my first water change not too long ago since the tank was set up in december... :)

but my gut feeling is that smaller percentage water change but change more often will disturb the existing water parameters to a lesser extent and this in turn will bring less change in environment to the stuff currently in a tank

thus my personal view is that, if i ever need to do dilution to solve any nutrient or toxic problems, of coz a drastic large percentage change is more effective...

but if nothing is pretty wrong and everthing seems to be in place after confirming through water chemistry tests, then i would prefer to do smaller percentage water change but more often...IN THEORY

but knowing me, probably if nothing goes out of whack, i schedule my next water change to be towards the end of this year...and since it's that long, i may opt for slightly higher percentage....

i am sure others here would be able to give you better views on percentage water change :)

• SRC Member
if you want fast dilution, of coz the higher percentage will achieve the goal faster and more effectively, but smaller percentages will do for casual water changes where nothing is out of whack in a system....

basically i am the wrong person to give you such opinions...coz i just did my first water change not too long ago since the tank was set up in december... :)

but my gut feeling is that smaller percentage more often will disturb the existing water parameters less and this in turn will bring less change in environment to the stuff currently in a tank

i am sure others here would be able to give you better views on percentage water change :)

bro i was shocked :shock: like hell when u annouced that u havent changed ur water for so long when i do mine 20% everyweek wif my 2footer :lol::lol::lol:

u find it a JOY bro fuel? maybe can do it for me.... :lol::lol::lol:

I've always found it a joy siphoning all the detritus off the sand bed every week. Especially rewarding when you see the muck in the water siphoned out. ;) Anyway, since I'm so free now, I could always provide maintenance service for a token sum. :lol::rolleyes:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

yeah..actually i did post here that after i did my first water change recently, i wondered why i had so much inertia against doing it...because i changed water weekly when i started with a 2ft tank last time...

maybe the thought of preparing such a large volume of saltwater made me procrastinate again and again...

but on the other hand, i share another personal perspective with you guys. I read that commercial salts tend to have high levels of some elements like lithium, aluminium and other stuff, heavy metals included...different salts of coz have different compositions

and each time if we change water, i feel that we are added more and more of such elements into the tank and this build up may not be good for the system in the long run...hehe..

end up we are relieving the stuff in our tank of high nutrients, which is good, but we may on the other hand, introduce undesired elements from the salt mix together....

just a personal thought, or rather, maybe just another excuse for me not to change water often...hehe..

• SRC Member

I've always found it a joy siphoning all the detritus off the sand bed every week. Especially rewarding when you see the muck in the water siphoned out. ;) Anyway, since I'm so free now, I could always provide maintenance service for a token sum. :lol::rolleyes:

if i had a tank full of sps probably become botak if u change my water if u noe wad i mean :lol::lol: aniwae bro roiden not venturing into sps yet?? :rolleyes: