High Temperature At 30 Degrees

lona

• SRC Member

Hi all,

Been observing my thermometer for the last week, seems to be keeping at the 30 degree range, sometimes going to 29, sometimes just slightly higher, just slightly.. <_<

So anyways, I'm wondering what the potential problems could be with this kind of temperature.

Any comments?

Tank inhabitants include 3 snails, 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 peppermint shrimp, 1 ocellaris (1cm), 1 maroon (1in)..

• SRC Member
Hi all,

Been observing my thermometer for the last week, seems to be keeping at the 30 degree range, sometimes going to 29, sometimes just slightly higher, just slightly.. <_<

So anyways, I'm wondering what the potential problems could be with this kind of temperature.

Any comments?

Tank inhabitants include 3 snails, 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 peppermint shrimp, 1 ocellaris (1cm), 1 maroon (1in)..

If your tank only got fish and inverts, should still be okay.. If you gonna add corals, then better get a cooling fan or a chiller..

• SRC Member

Pospeh> Heh, ok..but not for awhile lar.. :D ..still got so much to learn about the fish society..how they interact with one another, which are friendly which are not.

Mushrooms and leathers, like all coral will need lighting as well right?

• SRC Member

Don't have to experiment with fishes - trust what others tell u - some fishes jut don't mix - at least not in a tank.

I read that high temp may cause coral bleaching n fishes will be less active/alert with diseases following

A fan should do the trick

• SRC Member

Ya, Ya, fan is good....

Cause :-

1) it reduces temp by 1 to 2 degrees celsius

2) it evaporates enough water for u to use kalk

3) if u put our face near tank top, u got sea breeze :P

And my sinus problem seems to improve after the daily sea breeze treatment :P:P:P

• SRC Member

just out of curiousity, i have seen the fans on sale at LFS and was thinking is there a better version where we could add water to it and have it blow COLD air instead? makes sense!

like those erm box type of cooler-fan which we can buy....if oni can find a compact one for the tank...

damn its 1:10am oredi! i got no life or wat? gotta go sleep... :snore::snore::snore:

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member

onghm> Ya, I hear using fans can really reduce the temp by that amount..it'd be ideal for me. heh..sea breeze huh? that sounds like fun..now I've got the sun, the sand, the sea AND the breeze all in my own home..HAHA.. :yeah:

Creetin> heh..don't really understand what you talking about..haha..you lack of sleep already ar? Anyways, here's a thread on DIY fan setup which I found that I'm planning to follow once I get my butt off my couch and down to simlim square..Hope it's of some use to guys which need to just lower their temp by one or two degrees.

BlueTerror> Dunno ley..both of them don't really fight leh. in fact I think they're like long lost friends or something, they hang around together most of the time, damn weird. Was expecting some sort of street brawl from them, but they even shared a cave to sleep one night.. :D ..so cute right? Anyways, here's a blurry pic of them..

post-6-1045530984.jpg

• SRC Member

what kinda lights are u using? i notice ever since i add an 15w actinic fl to my tank, it really heats up the water.

my tank stays 27-28 most of the time except for afternoon when aircon goes off. noon temp can go 29 usually, but still under 30.

i notice even the fl holder heats up really hot unlike my pl.

• SRC Member

BlueTerror> Nope not using any lights at all..not keeping any coral mah. Planned to go with the fish first..trying to see how everything falls together first..like the water chem, the temp at that location, how to handle rock, see how the life in the rock is..all that kind of basic stuff first mah. So now I not using lights the stoopid thing is that my temp is so high..*sigh*..using only ONE powerhead some more.

At any rate, won't be using any lights for some time to come cos quite ex to maintain, some more don't really need, so not for now lor.

• SRC Member
onghm> Ya, I hear using fans can really reduce the temp by that amount..it'd be ideal for me. heh..sea breeze huh? that sounds like fun..now I've got the sun, the sand, the sea AND the breeze all in my own home..HAHA.. :yeah:

Creetin> heh..don't really understand what you talking about..haha..you lack of sleep already ar? Anyways, here's a thread on DIY fan setup which I found that I'm planning to follow once I get my butt off my couch and down to simlim square..Hope it's of some use to guys which need to just lower their temp by one or two degrees.

BlueTerror> Dunno ley..both of them don't really fight leh. in fact I think they're like long lost friends or something, they hang around together most of the time, damn weird. Was expecting some sort of street brawl from them, but they even shared a cave to sleep one night.. :D ..so cute right? Anyways, here's a blurry pic of them..

hmmmmm tts a good page on DIY fans! realli cheaper than buying from LFS! erm, but the design actually blows direct at the water, not like the ones sold that clip on the tank edge to blow the length of the tank...i wonder would the DIY one is less efficient?

if oni can find a design wif a clip...hehe :evil:

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member
BlueTerror> my PH IS the source of my heat..but that's the stupid thing..only 1 PH cause so much heat..what to do..budget setup is like that. anyways, now planning a simple fan thing going..

I do not think the cause is the powerhead... I got 4 ph and when i do not run my fan the temp is abt 30 w/o lights. heat generated by 1ph is minimial, anyway whats your ph rating? should be less than 20w.

Breeze in the house do play a important part in keeping the temp down.

• SRC Member

Creetin> Haha..well you could always improvise on the design right? I mean you could try to build it in such a way that it's angled at the water. Maybe one of the supports use a higher/taller one.

Newdamsel> Not the PH? hm..will go back to check the watt rating on mine..but I know for a fact when I put my hand near..I can actually feel the heat.. :blink: ..can you believe that?! breeze over the tank might be a problem too lor..cos my tank in a quiet corner and my place quite low, so always no breeze. Not just that corner but the entire house is quite warm..so I guess there's my problem.. :(