does yr blue tang nip on clams?

[JS]

• SRC Member

Frankly, I think its by luck. You get some siao one that go crazy with the clam mantles (like mine :angry: ) or you get some that totally ignore them. But IMO if there is a chance of it happening well you make you own decisions.......

• SRC Member

personally, i think its a matter of space....my blue tang use to nip at my clams until i moved the clams from the same bed to the rocks....then my tang start to nip at the send bed.....

I also notice that my tank (2 footer) is a bit too small to house a tang,clown,firefish and 6 clams.....they seems to get into each other way...so will be upgrading to a bigger tank to give them more space...

personally, i think its a matter of space....my blue tang use to nip at my clams until i moved the clams from the same bed to the rocks....then my tang start to nip at the send bed.....

I also notice that my tank (2 footer) is a bit too small to house a tang,clown,firefish and 6 clams.....they seems to get into each other way...so will be upgrading to a bigger tank to give them more space...

Bro tineng,

You have 6 clams in a 2 feet tank? What kind of lighting are you using bro? And what kind of clams and how long have you been keeping them? Sorry for the questions. Just interested to know your setup, if bro [JS] doesn't mind :) .

• SRC Member

Bro tineng,

You have 6 clams in a 2 feet tank? What kind of lighting are you using bro? And what kind of clams and how long have you been keeping them? Sorry for the questions. Just interested to know your setup, if bro [JS] doesn't mind :) .

originally using dynamx t5, but found them not bright enought. Now use 3 set of those 55w t4 PL and place them VERY near the surface, chiller working over time!.....

Had the clams for 2 months....looks ok except for the the attack by slugs recently... :(

If they don't pull through, I might give up on clams until i can get a bigger tank....

think we have to continue discussion in other thread.... :P

• SRC Member
,Apr 27 2004, 07:07 PM] i using 4 t5 2 white 2 blue not hot at all .......

time to change light liao .........

confirm more cooling then pl

Yes, i do think t5 runs cooler then PL in terms of watt for watt and 24w T5 much brighter then a similar PL....however, a 24W t5 is nearly 2 ft long, whereas a 55wPL is even shorter then a 24wT5!!!

With the new 55W PL-T4 the width is slightly more then a T5 and quite likely, pack more brightness then a similar length T5. Therefore you are able to pack more lights into the same amount of space...thus with a chiller, I would rather go for PL then T5 (assuming that 55wPL is brighter then a 24wT5)....