My 3ft SPS Reef

My reef is 65gals with 30gal sump/refugium. Lighting is 2x250 pfo mini pendants with 10k ab bulbs and 2x 95w URI vho actinics. Flow is provided by a Mag 9.5 + 2 ph's. Carbon + phosban is used 24/7 along with a geo reactor to maintain cal and alk.

Anyway, I pride myself on buying poor looking browned-out corals that show a bit of potential such as a faint blue or purple tip, green polyps etc... Sometimes I I get some gems , other times I'm left with a miserable looking chocolate sticks :angry::D. Here's the pics.....

post-22-1082952249.jpg

Thanks Lightning strike. If you can make it over to New York, I'll gladly trade you some frags :D

Hey, can you see the whole first full tank pic? I posted the pic too large and cant seem to scroll over far enough to edit it?

:thanks:

Rich

yes, i can c ur whole first full pic of ur tank.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

bro...your acros are stunning....really shows good growth rate!!! :yeah::yeah:

more pics.....they look so wonderful..very nice montis :lol::lol::lol:

Love the frags that are growing from tank wall...how did you do that?? :huh:

Thanks deepBlue :P To mount the frags on the glass and overflowbox I use a cyanoacrylate based glue (thick gel). Sells under many different names and brands over here.

Here is a pic of an Acropora Saramentosa colony that I snapped a shot of while changing location in my reef

post-22-1083003188.jpg

Here is an acro colony that I saved from my LFS. It was in pretty bad shape (RTN on the base) when I bought it for a discounted price :D. It has since turned pink with green polyps. The pic is about 2 months old so the pink color is just starting to show.

And.....I think that's about it for the pics :thanks:

It's really cool thats we can share pics of our reefs from across the globe :)

Rich :)

post-22-1083004043.jpg

Hey Jackson6745!

Good to see you here in SRC! Nice tanks!

I love your cardinals!! Have never seen them for sale here yet! WOW!! Nice corals you got there!! Wanna trade? ;)

AT