My 2ft tank

• SRC Member

I think you still need to reduce the bioload further. I see at least 8 fishes in your tank, including a trigger that will get over a feet long in the wild.

You also have one of the hardest corals to keep alive, the flowerpot goniopora. Even in a mature tank, they tend to die after 6 months.

since my fish die at rate of 1/week, i did not add new ones. So i reduce from 10 to 7 now and have been keeping 7 for quite a while.. nitrite is near to zero but have not test nitrate.

i know nuts abouts coral so i'm so happy you guys pointed out one of my coral, so after looking some web pages, it seems flowerpot goniopora is the one on the right. I'll take note not to stock that anymore.

Fish besides the crown is picasso trigger which so far has been quite nice to the corals....hope it last.

Thanks for all comment.

• SRC Member
since my fish die at rate of 1/week, i did not add new ones. So i reduce from 10 to 7 now and have been keeping 7 for quite a while.. nitrite is near to zero but have not test nitrate.

i know nuts abouts coral so i'm so happy you guys pointed out one of my coral, so after looking some web pages, it seems flowerpot goniopora is the one on the right. I'll take note not to stock that anymore.

Fish besides the crown is picasso trigger which so far has been quite nice to the corals....hope it last.

Thanks for all comment.

Piscasso trigger wif corals :o

dino07.gif

• SRC Member

Piscasso trigger ... hm... couldnt tell alot from the pic.. but i was hoping it wasnt a piscasso .. they can be very aggressive.. keep an close eye on it.

How often do u perform water change?

U should get a NO3 testkit since u r having a reeftank.

Corals wouldnt be able to tolerate NO3 as much as fishes... and your NO3 'might' be quite high too coz of the no of fishes u've

• SRC Member

Thanks for all comment.

Please do some research before buying! It is very sad to see people saying they have no idea what they are keeping.

You can't 'hope' it lasts. 99.999% it won't.

Your fish died at 1 per week?

yup, i do have that protein skimmer. will be setting up my 3ft tank soon & will be turning this 2 ft into a hospital tank.

will be buying coral sand #1 this weekend from marinelife for my dsb and i start concentrating on my new tank ...hope to get more help from you guys here. :bow: