Weekly Water Changes.

• SRC Member

After the last incident when my fish dies,now i hv been doing water changes every week, without miss. I using seawater, bought from pasir ris farm and using my motorbike to the transportation :cry2: Can someday tell me where can i get the plastic drum(container)to transport the seawater, coz using the plastic bags is so dangerous?

And now it seems everything going smoothly. just need to know, whether weekly changes of water will have any effect on my LS or corals.

IMHO, as long as the SW u buy is safe and in good condition, i dun think there will be any problems........ but how much of ur tank volume u change per week..... that's crucial. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

20 to 25% should be more than enough. u can forget abt dosing additives too if u r doing weekly water change....... that is if ur corals do not take up all the necessary elements within 3 days!!! which i doubt so.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
After the last incident when my fish dies,now i hv been doing water changes every week, without miss. I using seawater, bought from pasir ris farm and using my motorbike to the transportation :cry2: Can someday tell me where can i get the plastic drum(container)to transport the seawater, coz using the plastic bags is so dangerous?

And now it seems everything going smoothly. just need to know, whether weekly changes of water will have any effect on my LS or corals.

I change 20% weekly by mixing my own using Coralife...been using the big tub. IMO, its perfectly fine to change weekly. But i wouldn't take the risk to get from the farms or lfs, too risky for me cos i never know wats contained in their water. Better to have things under ur own control.

I change 20% weekly by mixing my own using Coralife...been using the big tub. IMO, its perfectly fine to change weekly. But i wouldn't take the risk to get from the farms or lfs, too risky for me cos i never know wats contained in their water. Better to have things under ur own control.

agreed. ;)

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

I found the pic for this lock n lock container..

This is what been say about this container..

"As Seen on TV. Keep food at its freshest with this Lock 'n lock storage container set. Innovative lids provide 100% air and liquid tight seal. Stain resistant plastic keeps units looking new, time and time again. Features ergonomically designed EZ hinge lids. Set includes one 38-cup container, two 8-cup containers, four 1-1/2 cup containers, four .8 cup containers and lids for all. Units stack for easy storage. Freezer and dishwasher safe. Imported. "

post-6-1084328602.jpg