3ft tank

AGM65

• SRC Member

Hi AGM65,

how long has yr tank been up. Looks like yr main tank is using a berlin filtration method with DSB & refugium. Is DSB functioning fully, like bubble within? For yr refugium, do u adopt 24hr lighting or reverse cycle? What are the equipment you use? CA reactor? Thks!

Nice tank you have!

Happy reefing!

Wei :)

• SRC Member

I'm just wondering if getting an MH is worth it... was just talking to Patrick (ex Hong Leong) who's really excited about the upcoming T5s... he claims to be bringing them in and they are about 1/2 the price of MHs and since they run on E-Ballasts, they are coller (like PLs) and hence do not need Chillers. Their intensity are as good as MH??

• SRC Member

T5 are very efficient and produce a lot of light for their wattage, even more than MH.

But MH is a point source so it has more intensity to punch deeper into the water and it gives the nicest caustic lines (glitter). MH gives you the most light for space.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Hi AGM65,

Great tank! I am currently re-starting my tank after shifting it from my old place.

I am currently planning out my sump, so your pictures of your refugium really interest me. How are the different sections connected? Looks like the level of the section with the pumps will be sensitive to evaporation. Also, does this configuration require a lot of maintenance to the pump intake? I was thinking of piping the pumps external to the sump. Does that offer any advantages in your opinion.

Thanks,

-Keith