YO,

Me setting up a 1ft shrimp tank with consist of :

1) 2 cleaner shrimp

2) 2 fire shrimp

3) some LR

4) 1 button

5) 1 orange sponge

6) 2 tube worms

Need advice on whether a 18W PL light is enough?

Any comment?

Will post a pic after everything completed.

looking at the LS u consider ... the bioload will be light ;)

but be careful when u are changing water because it will be a great deal to them if change too much , and ya

1) 2 cleaner shrimp

2) 2 fire shrimp

they could be quite quarrelsome at times ....

my 2 cents ;)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

my shrimp eat all the leftover food ...frozen stuff .... i dun actually take any special attention to feed them ... and they are with mi for at least 4months ... hee hee :D

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Seen the your same post in the aro forum :)... so I'll just cut and paste...

Too many shrimps for such a small tank, there is definitely potential for caniballism.

Biological filtration is crucial here, a shrimp typically secrete ammonia as much as 1/3 of their body volume, make sure you have sufficient nitrifying bacteria.

Keep a maximum of 2 shrimps, even then, there is still a potential for caniballism, provide plenty of hiding space.

Food is a problem here for the tube worm due to the tank size. And if you doze enough, it will become another problem, is that you will foul the water.

Light is probably enough for the buttons, if it is placed close enough. Quite questionable for the sponge, and the food problem (as the tube worm) will further aggravate it. And most if not all of the sponges sold in Singapore is doomed already right before you buy it as most of them has been exposed to air.

• SRC Member

i totally agree! i bought an orange sponge, and a few days later it turned my water in my 1 ft tank murky brown! i suspect that the sponge was dying off, probably exposed to air.