Hardiness level

• SRC Member

Phewbacca,

I can totally understand your wanting to buy fish and I totally see where you're coming from... but the wisdom of the folks here is truely beyond words. I too used to have only a 2 footer tank and I had almost the same problem as you did. I started this thread then which might be of some help to you.

I have since upgraded to a 2.5 footer after selling off some of my fish and am using my old 2 footer as a sump/refugium. So while my tank may now be 2.5 foot, it has the water volume of a 4.5 footer tank. :lol: Yet, I have only 3 fish and 3 shrimps and 2 hermit crabs.

Adding really slowly...

• SRC Member

mmm... in a dilema here.

i prefer a tank with more life but really prefer marine fishes.

but it looks like a 2' tank is not really ideal for communities...

trouble is, wifey will never agree to anything bigger than a 2'....

anyone with experience in convincing spouses?

ps: she really likes gazing at the fishes though....

:(

• SRC Member

buy more 2ft tanks hee hee. cannot have anything bigger than 2ft didn't say how many.

My wife say no bigger than 4ft........but when tank come said should be bigger!.(especially when i said only 5 fish max,hee hee)

Also owe her a blue boxfish- that means an extra 2ft just for it alone.

Anyways-since she like to watch your tank you already got the upper hand.

BUT before u plan any further -get your test kits,read the about the cycle,read or ask about fish compatibility,don't add anything else for a while till u test for zero ammonia & nirites.

make sure that there is ample surface agitation. Your canister will take abt 2 weeks to kick in biological filtration then should see a dip in ammonia but high NIRITE. U will end up with NITRATES(diff from nirite)at the end of the cycle as the end product-how u get rid of this is either by diluting with a water change or one of the other NNR methods.

pls read the cycle article- then read it again & know it by hard.Its not just some thing u come across, its a basic rule u need know to start right.

Your damsels are nuclear proof but i wish the best to your cleaner wrasse.