it?"

5) REEF - (normally followed with coral) to argue with "You lily want

to

coral reef me ah?"

6) ALTITUDE - adjective. a disagreeable demeanour "Ah Lian lily got a

bad

altitude ploblem".

7) CIRRUS - adjective. certain "You cirrus or not? Dun bruff!"

8) CANOPY - phrase. impossible "He bought new handphone? Canopy lah!

Where got money?"

9) OLDLADY - adjective. completed "Wah...you finish oldlady ah."

10) SUIT - verb. to project forward "Suit! Suit! See goalkeeper come

out

oldlady."

11) SOW - verb. to reveal "Sow me, sow me your new ting."

12) LOAD - noun. a path normally made up of gravel & tar "We go

Orchard

Load leh."

13) BLINK - verb. deliver, send "What you blink for me? Sow me, sow

me."

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

Love Poem (in hokkien)

>>> > I already very chin chai,

>>> > why no char bor ai

>>> > They say I kanna sai,

>>> > but my heart buei pai.

>>> > Saturday kee Mount Faber

>>> > Kuah dio couple couple

>>> > Cars liam newspaper

>>> > Kuah liao lao saliva

>>> > They say ay sai toh ay sai

>>> > bueh sai toh bueh sai

>>> > Hang cheng although pai

>>> > So I wait and wait,

>>> > For that thing call fate

>>> > Whole life bo lang date

>>> > Don't know when can mate

• SRC Member

TOP 20 SIGNS YOU MIGHT BE AN AH BENG JEDI:

1. Your Jedi robe has Hello Kitty on it.

2. You’ve ever used your light sabre to trim your last fingernail.

3. You’ve draped a t-shirt over the seat in your X-Wing Fighter, and also have a Garfield tissue box in the rear window.

4. You’ve been encouraging Chewbacca to go to your friend’s ‘saloon de beaut’ to get a perm.

5. You like drag-racing the Millennium Falcon along the Tampines Expressway late at night.

6. You can’t remember whether Ben Kenobi’s name was ‘Obi-wan’ or ‘Or-bi-good’.

7. During Jedi Council meetings, you’re the only one squatting.

8. You’ve ever used the Jedi mind trick to ‘sian char bor’ at discos.

9. You engaged Phua Chu Kang to help build the Death Star.

10. Your father has told you, “Eh, lai dark side leh! Si beh ho sng!”

11. Your R2 unit doubles as a karaoke VCD player.

12. You have ever used the Force to improve your billiards score.

13. During the Cantina scene, you were the only one ordering ABC Extra Stout.

14. You always giggle when you hear that Queen Amidala came from the Planet Naboo.

15. You address Jabba the Hut as ‘Pooi eh!’

16. Your light saber also plays polyphonic ring tones whenever you activate it.

17. Every week, you play the licence plate number of the Millennium Falcon.

18. You’ve been encouraging Princess Leia to wear bell-bottoms with six-inch high platform flip-flops.

19. You call your padawan ‘Tee eh’.

20. You regularly bid people goodbye with, “Nah, ho ler Force.”

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

You want Lord of the Ring.....Here you go!!!! ;)

Ah Beng version of Lord of the Ring :lol::lol:

So the new Lord of the Rings movie is coming out, and you want to impress some Ah Lian you’re trying to buaya by being able to explain the whole complicated plot with all the funny sounding names and words. You want to seem like you’ve actually read all 3 books, but – damn suay –even The New Paper is too ‘cheem’ for you. Neh’mine! Dun scared! Here is our easy to understand guide to J.R.R. Tolkein’s trilogy, written specially in the conversational style of Ah Bengs, so you can memorize:

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

Last time got this short-short person with si-beh hairy legs called Bilbo, lor. He, hor, got this ring that last time belong to some monster.

But then, hor, one day suay-suay the monster want it back, and send his kah kiah to Bilbo’s house to settle, lah.

But the ring, hor, acherly can make people very powderful. But then, hor, if you wear too long will also kena sai. Si beh hiong one, so better faster go and destroy it, lor.

So Bilbo’s nephew Frodo… Aiyah, dun ask me why their name all so funny, can or not? You ask me, I ask who?

Anyway, Frodo and some peng yew kena arrow to go and destroy the ring.

But donno why also, they must do it in the monster’s home, which is at the end of New Zealand there.

So they walk and walk and walk across New Zealand, lah. And then along the way, got monster chase them, got people want to hoot them, some of them dieded, all sorts of thing, lah.

At the end, Frodo and Sam, his pooi-pooi friend who I think so is a bit ah quah, got separated from the rest.

THE TWO TOWERS

Frodo and Sam meet up with this thing called Gollum, who look like he take too much Slim 10 like that.

At the same time, hor, the other friends get into some powderful hooting session, where, wah lau eh, even the trees can do gongfu one. They all fight over what, I also donno, but quite kan cheong, lah.

THE RETURN OF THE KING

In the end, Frodo and his peng yew all win leow, lah. Arbuthen?

:lol::lol:

You want Lord of the Ring.....Here you go!!!! ;)

Ah Beng version of Lord of the Ring :lol::lol:

So the new Lord of the Rings movie is coming out, and you want to impress some Ah Lian you’re trying to buaya by being able to explain the whole complicated plot with all the funny sounding names and words. You want to seem like you’ve actually read all 3 books, but – damn suay –even The New Paper is too ‘cheem’ for you. Neh’mine! Dun scared! Here is our easy to understand guide to J.R.R. Tolkein’s trilogy, written specially in the conversational style of Ah Bengs, so you can memorize:

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

Last time got this short-short person with si-beh hairy legs called Bilbo, lor. He, hor, got this ring that last time belong to some monster.

But then, hor, one day suay-suay the monster want it back, and send his kah kiah to Bilbo’s house to settle, lah.

But the ring, hor, acherly can make people very powderful. But then, hor, if you wear too long will also kena sai. Si beh hiong one, so better faster go and destroy it, lor.

So Bilbo’s nephew Frodo… Aiyah, dun ask me why their name all so funny, can or not? You ask me, I ask who?

Anyway, Frodo and some peng yew kena arrow to go and destroy the ring.

But donno why also, they must do it in the monster’s home, which is at the end of New Zealand there.

So they walk and walk and walk across New Zealand, lah. And then along the way, got monster chase them, got people want to hoot them, some of them dieded, all sorts of thing, lah.

At the end, Frodo and Sam, his pooi-pooi friend who I think so is a bit ah quah, got separated from the rest.

THE TWO TOWERS

Frodo and Sam meet up with this thing called Gollum, who look like he take too much Slim 10 like that.

At the same time, hor, the other friends get into some powderful hooting session, where, wah lau eh, even the trees can do gongfu one. They all fight over what, I also donno, but quite kan cheong, lah.

THE RETURN OF THE KING

In the end, Frodo and his peng yew all win leow, lah. Arbuthen?

:lol::lol:

ha ha ha !!I want the Greece version - the one with John Trovolta !! you have !!

anyway, recently there is the Chinese movie - Infernal Affairs with dubbing in Hokkien. THink many have seen - Tony Leung's name in Taiwanese is C.B.

totally hilarious !!! ha ha ha :lol: