Drilling PVC

blackpuma

• SRC Member
Use a hole saw.

There is a thickness limit for hole saw and when you drill pvc it will melt and get stuck in the hole.

It would be better to get hole bore (i think that's what it called). I bought a 22mm piece recently from daisuo in IMM (only $2). It is available in 24mm and I think 26mm too.

• SRC Member

There is a thickness limit for hole saw and when you drill pvc it will melt and get stuck in the hole.

It would be better to get hole bore (i think that's what it called). I bought a 22mm piece recently from daisuo in IMM (only $2). It is available in 24mm and I think 26mm too.

wah, i didn't know there is such a thing...thanks...will keep tat in mind...

• SRC Member

I just bought a 25mm holesaw drill bit for $6.00 yesterday. if you wan, I can sell it to you after usage. Or you bring over to my place at AMK and you drill it on the spot... :)

Are you refering to those drill bit mean for drilling holes in wood?

A hole saw give consistently good results for drilling large holes. Yes, most "one" piece hole saws have a limit to the depth that can be drilled. I use those that have a seperate saw blade and arbor (two pieces type). Those are usually much deeper and are sufficient for most purposes.

Use a LOW rpm for drilling pvc and add water or stop occasionally if needed.

• SRC Member
You can contact me on 97895334 Peter i got a high speed hand held Reamer can help out with you i stay in the east

97895334Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your offer . Managed to drill the holes uding a hole saw.

Thanks anyway.