LEDS

KingFish

Why LEDs?

LED technology is expanding, brighter LEDs are currently being developed and will soon be able to provide the same intensity as Metal Halides,VHO or PC lamps.

LEDs will last for up to 20 years of 12 hour cycles, with no change or deterioration of output.

LEDs emit almost no heat.

Compact design allows for smaller hoods and no bulky ballast.

LEDs may cost more up front, but will pay for itself in energy savings and lamp replacement in no time.

LEDs are digitally tuned and programmed to achieve required daylight and blue spectrum. Also, red for night viewing.

LEDs can be dimmed to create solar and lunar cycles

From Champions Lightings

post-17-1046567676.jpg

• SRC Member
Why LEDs?

LED technology is expanding, brighter LEDs are currently being developed and will soon be able to provide the same intensity as Metal Halides,VHO or PC lamps.

LEDs will last for up to 20 years of 12 hour cycles, with no change or deterioration of output.

LEDs emit almost no heat.

Compact design allows for smaller hoods and no bulky ballast.

LEDs may cost more up front, but will pay for itself in energy savings and lamp replacement in no time.

LEDs are digitally tuned and programmed to achieve required daylight and blue spectrum. Also, red for night viewing.

LEDs can be dimmed to create solar and lunar cycles

From Champions Lightings

Cool! But let other people test first hehe.

The technology is still far off from producing the kind of intensity & usable PAR that our corals need.

I have experimented with LEDs for moonlights a long time ago... just used my pocket Photon microlight and it is capable of creating caustic lines (snigger away, Alvy and Tanzy).... very cool effect.

I own many LED torchlights.. I love LEDs! :)

I nearly bought a LED torchlight with more than 66 LED bulbs in them for my diving, in the end I bought a HID light!

AT