Goodness Gracious

Definitely a bad bad rookie mistake! :cry:

Copper can bind to LR, sand, silicon and maybe even the glass.... you better test to see if there is any residual copper when you restart the tank and let it run for a while with no livestock.

• SRC Member

the last time i did something like this, all the fishes died... but what i did was just remove 100% of the water, scrub the glass and then put in new saltwater... there was a lot of die off on the live rocks so waited for abt a month....

after that it seemed ok

kept inverts no prob

no special filter medium...

;)

• SRC Member
the last time i did something like this, all the fishes died... but what i did was just remove 100% of the water, scrub the glass and then put in new saltwater... there was a lot of die off on the live rocks so waited for abt a month....

after that it seemed ok

kept inverts no prob

no special filter medium...

;)

Did you put Copper or did you put cyanide?

• SRC Member

heh :D

was it SUPER Fish away brand.

label reads: all natural ingredients containing sodium cyanide, potassium cyanide and calcium cyanide. All are found in the form of a salt, but can be dissolved in water to form a liquid or a gas.

other ingredients: Aloe Vera , colourings, preservatives.

No more corals,No more fishes,No more ich,No more white spots!Problem solved. :angel:

• SRC Member
move the coral to the quarratine tank, u should. water to clear, u wait and carbon/polyfilter to clear up. take a while, it will.

may be the force be with u and copper away from u :yeah:

Seachem Cuprisorb is rather expensive but you don't need a lot of it and i've heard that it works wonders for removing copper.

Do at least use a product to remove copper. 90% chance it will affect future invertebrates.

• SRC Member
yep, they put it in all their FO tank as this will protect the fish from some kind of disease.. That is why never pour in the water that comes with the fish into a reef tank.....

Ture ........LFS put copper into fish only tank to prevent disease outbreak ...... never ever use those water for your reef tank .... you will end up killing your corals :unsure:

dino07.gif