RAV-65's 6 feet monster project!

RAV-65

Bro, we are using the 1/2hp version of the Artica Chiller but i must warn you that there is quite a loud hum when the chiller is operating since its the commercial version.

Chiller is able to cool my 6ft with about 850w of MH at about 6" from the water surface with ease.

Chiller needs a high flowrate or there will be condensation issues.

My advise is to locate the chiller outdoors, thats the best.. no noise and no condensation issues. Refer to Hon's setup for the ideal chiller placement.

Wow!

You mean the 1/2 HP enough liao? I thought for 6 feet, sure must get at least 1.5 HP! Luckiky I started this thread! And thanxs for letting me know, if not I gong gong go get a 1.5HP chiller liao... :)

Does the flowrate refer to the air circulation around or the speed the water going through the chiller, as you mentioned condensation?!

WAHHHH!!!

Would be very very very grateful :thanks::thanks::thanks: if you could let me take a peek at your tank!! Would definitely make the trip down, and I'll bring along some curry puffs and beers! :lol: I'll contact you for the visit! :)

Vincent Ho :thanks:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Oh yeah, by the way.. RAV-65, you are welcomed to pop by my place to have a look at my setup and prob learn from my mistakes so that your 6ft tank will look incredible and up to AT's/Hon's standard (if you are into SPS) :)

Im staying in Pasir Ris ...

:shock::shock::shock: dun even dare to tink my tank will be half of AT's!! I see his SPs all packed so closely and neat I already feel my backache! :lol::lol::lol: All the time and effort would kill me!!! And maybe even my career! :lol::lol::lol:

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Teco is still by far quietest and most reliable. Mine used for over 2 years, no problem at all.

Tunze 2X 6080 is not too much for 6 footer. Some people used 2X6080 for 4 footer!

Why not use a Iwaki MD or MX for return compared to 2 X ehiem? You can tee them off with SCWD for wave effect.

Bro,

thanxs for sharing on the Teco... btw how much u paid?

the Iwaki sounds good, but very ex leh.... I already own a Eheim 1262, so I thought I get another and the Tunzes would provide lots of current!! The SCWD sounds like a good idea though.... :evil:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

wha congrats man RAV on your upgrading project..... :bow: Hope to see pictures from start to end....going to look very nice..... :whistle

AP,

the tank is only in the 1st stage of planning, still got lots of stuffs I tink I need to discover, but as soon as I embark on it, I'll post the pics from start.... Maybe I should buy a puppy soon so dat I can put it in my new tank and take pics! :lol::lol::lol:

You might see me in my trunks, swimming inside and cleaning the tank too!

Vincent Ho :D

post-34-1105890976.jpg

PLEAZE guys!!! There are so many SPS keepers now... so many beautiful SPS tanks around in SRC now!! I am nothing. Anyone with the knowledge, time & money can do what I did and even much better with more money, time & knowledge! :D

RAV-65, if you need help on mega-projects... or small ones... you know where to find me for advice... ;) I think I may be too busy these days to give advice online on every topic... believe there are many experienced reefers by now who can help out here!

AT

PLEAZE guys!!! There are so many SPS keepers now... so many beautiful SPS tanks around in SRC now!! I am nothing. Anyone with the knowledge, time & money can do what I did and even much better with more money, time & knowledge! :D

RAV-65, if you need help on mega-projects... or small ones... you know where to find me for advice... ;) I think I may be too busy these days to give advice online on every topic... believe there are many experienced reefers by now who can help out here!

AT

Thanxs AT!!

Would visit you again at your hide-out! :lol::lol::lol: in fact was there the other day again to look at the Golden Angels, but didn't buy it as I have no confidence I'll keep them alive... :( :( :( ...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Bro, IMO and I think most ppl will agree with me, go for Tunze streams. way better than SCWD in terms of water flow/spread and lower power consumption .

okie... but the Tunzes are pretty EX!! :angry:

Btw, wat are the controllers for??

post-34-1105890976.jpg

i believe the controller is used to control the flowrate...example...

1/2 hr at 3000ltr >> 1 hr at 4000ltr >> etc etc

it can be set according to your preferance...i heard it is very cool and it rocks....

Wah... seems like the cost is gonna rock me off my socks too!! :lol::lol:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

I think I read somewhere before that for a 6ft tank, you might have to ask HDB for permission as the load on the floor might cause some problems with the structural integrity of your unit.

Should at least get a load tolerance layout plan for your unit just to be safe. Killing your neighbour below is still okay :P but not losing your investment in your tank and the precioussssssssses inside in an instant!

I'd rather you get a Tunze. the initial investment is a bit hard to swallow, but those small pieces of equipment can move truckloads of water with a small wattage required to power it. very VERY value for money. (=

Bro,

agree with you, but I thought of using x02 Tunze 6060, do I really need the controllers?!?!

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

I think I read somewhere before that for a 6ft tank, you might have to ask HDB for permission as the load on the floor might cause some problems with the structural integrity of your unit.

Should at least get a load tolerance layout plan for your unit just to be safe. Killing your neighbour below is still okay :P but not losing your investment in your tank and the precioussssssssses inside in an instant!

Hmmmm.... guess you're right, guess must get insurance for my tank! :lol::lol::lol:

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg