Bubble Not opening

KCK

Bought a bubble on Saturday. It has been two days but the bubbles are still small, much smaller than the skeleton. Is it normal for more days to stabilise?

Anyway to make it grow to fill up the skeleton faster? All my other corals are doing very well, so dun think it is a problem of water quality. Can it be the bumpy ride that I had on my way back that damaged the bubble?

All advices welcome.

Thanks!

you can try feeding it with market prawn as suggested by bwilly.... but keep it small piece...maybe 1/2 the size of your thumbnail . mine everytime after i feed it sure open damn big.... another thing is bubble hate high water flow.......with high water flow it hardly inflate its bubble......

when i got my bubbles it takes them 3-4 days for them to inflate.... :rolleyes:

hope urs wont take that long....

• SRC Member

Once I accidentally put the bubble into the main tank without dripping water. It took the bubble 1 week to recover and fully inflate. At this moment, best to leave it alone. The more you touch it, the worse it gets....assuming your water parameter is ok.

• SRC Member

Dun worry, bubbles are hardy. My bubbles nearly up the lorry twice, now on the road to full recovery again... took nearly 2 weeks for them to open up fully when they were 1st introduced, probably cos i was inexperienced in handling them last time. Just give it some time with some supplement feeding, will be fine ;)