Peppermint shrimp

woonming

I have not seen any peppermint shrimp in LFS before. But there is the camelback shrimp that is quite similar to the peppermint and readily available. I've asked LFS before for the name and they all said peppermint shrimp!

The camelback is not reefsafe, by the way. I've lost an entire colony of yellow polyps to these animals before I realise they are the culprits!

Based on what I've read, peppermints may eat aiptasia. Copperbands may too, but if they don't (or if the aiptasia's gone), pretty good chance they will turn on your other corals or starve to death.

I had a small aiptasia problem before on one piece of LR. I just took it out, scrubbed it clean, bleach it in the sun and use it as base rock. Problem 100% eradicated, never to come back.

Do a google search and there will be lots for you to read ...

• SRC Member

Many moons come but peppermint never come.

Been looking for 5yrs for that slim chance whenever i go LFS. Maybe...just maybe there is hope.

Camel/Comet/Candy shrimp have a different direction of lines(need to search for a pic of both then u will know the diff)- otherwise hard to id if u just listen to LFS advice.

• SRC Member

Peppermints come from the Carribean. They have lots of peppermints here but their result with aiptasia is kind of hit or miss.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif