Roidan's Reef (III)

roidan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not the one making....

no such skills...

extremely super duper grateful to my fren making it for me..

he is very busy with his work and family and yet can squeeze time to do it for me,

i am grateful beyond words....

maybe it's his way of saying goodbye to DIY with a last project worthy to be called a monument? :lol:

so bros here no need ask me who is making, coz he wun entertain other requests already :P

all i can say is that it will be taller than most bros in the forum...unless we have over 2m tall bros in here... :lol:

not much progress yet as still in the stage of procurement....

and yes...i will be using GF pipes and valves for this monster skimmer ;)

Indeed...a tank worthy to command the works of such a very reputable diy guru... :eyebrow:  B)

jie:

you haven't seen my tank in person yet...see liao sure disappointed..

better hold your words till you see with your own eyes... :P

yeah...very reputable DIY guru...very befitting...

even skimmer designing stage use CAD drawings.... :bow:

• SRC Member

hhhmmmm....4 becketts >> 4 md55s running at the same time, 3600ltr/hr X 4....wah, i think u need at least 2 X 1.5inches spear gate valves or even 4inches spear gate valve....its gonna look like a chemical plant....ahahahha

at least 15inches diameter acrylic tube at 2m....i hope the thickness of the acrylic are at least 15mm thick...there's gonna be huge stress on the bottom box....

can't imagine the size of this monster....closest i can think of is 2 public rubbish bins stacked one on top of the other.... :sick:

wun be getting 4 md55s to run it...either 2 mx70s or 2 mx100s

because everything has to be in a 24inch by 34inch footprint..including the pumps...that's why designing stage is important not to exceed the footprint

more importantly fully utilise the space available

probably mx100 to split for 2 beckett.....will run 2 beckett first..and if need to....the other 2

yeah..the stress to the box will be there...

maybe use welding like this if necessary at the joints

but i think acrylic to acrylic maybe no need to use such joints, abit overkill..unless it is acrylic to PVC...

wat do you think? :)

post-34-1088551620.jpg

• SRC Member
wun be getting 4 md55s to run it...either 2 mx70s or 2 mx100s

because everything has to be in a 24inch by 34inch footprint..including the pumps...that's why designing stage is important not to exceed the footprint

more importantly fully utilise the space available

probably mx100 to split for 2 beckett.....will run 2 beckett first..and if need to....the other 2

yeah..the stress to the box will be there...

maybe use welding like this if necessary at the joints

but i think acrylic to acrylic maybe no need to use such joints, abit overkill..unless it is acrylic to PVC...

wat do you think? :)

y dun u use full acrylic??

1st: it looks nice

2nd: easier to join all together

3rd: lotsa colour to choose from

really cannot wait for it to happen...the Retiring DIY guru supposed to have retired long ago right?? hhhmmm...i wonder if we are toking but the same master...

should be full acrylic ...hehe...

so no need such joints..

yeah....maybe a few such masters around....we may not be talking about the same person :rolleyes:

but all share same behaviour....low profile and away from the hustle and bustle here to hone their skills to a higher level... :P

dun worry, things i can show, i will show...

things i cannot show to protect his interests and his design, i will not show :)

• SRC Member
after this short power failure,

now i appreciate having UPS :)

now charged back to 5 bars already...

from the time of blackout to power restored, used up 1 bar....

the intial surge draw will suck more juice, than the running comsumption

Hi Bro,

What's the model you using?

• SRC Member

Bro Roidan,

Wow you are making us drool already even before your skimmer arrive. hehehe

A few questions for you:

1. I assume you only connect the essential devices to your UPS so as to preserve as much battery life as possible. Can you share what are the stuff you connect to it and what you leave out?

2. I see that you use 3 tunze...or is it 4? Which models are these? Aren't 4 of them too powerful for your LPS? Do you tune down the flow or they running full blast? How many tunze do you recommend for a 6ft tank keeping mostly LPS and softies?

Thanks,

Patrick

patrick:

actually i only connect my 6060 to the UPS...lol...

on a new full battery, i am sure it can last more than 6 hours....because my UPS model can load up to 50W and last about 5hrs odd according to manufactuer specs...

a 6060 with 6000litre/hr of flow sure beats any battery operated airpumps....i dun have to connect all 3 streams lah....

i am using 3...

TS7, 6060 and 6080....but as my width and height is only 2ft by 2ft....so actually there is alot of flow and whiplash already....

actually 2 at each end is enough...how powerful each one? i really cannot recommend much as different scaping and width and height of the tank will affect the flow and whiplash direction...

but i know if i am looking at the top of the tank...although all 3 streams are almost clashing together....there is a net anticlockwise movement of water in my tank looking from the top

• SRC Member

inspired by bro Roidan and WL, i've finally gotten my favourite fish (AT) after they tested too much of my patience with their wonderful pics! :P

bro, let's hope mine will be as healthy as yours :lol:

post-34-1088607227.jpg

inspired by bro Roidan and WL, i've finally gotten my favourite fish (AT) after they tested too much of my patience with their wonderful pics! :P

bro, let's hope mine will be as healthy as yours :lol:

Wow... cool AT.... somemore stay in giant sized "betta" box made from egg crates! Cool.

Very nice very nice!