Buying A Car

nqh71

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my COE at $30,400! :cry:

Exceed 30K. I don't think it's a good time to buy cars now. :erm:

just curious, why you choose to bid coe separately instead of package inclusive coe at this time ? since the last COE bidding is on the up scale ? sorry, maybe I am ignorant, i thought we only take this action when coe is on the weak side ?

some of the brands are giving upto $28k of coe rebates ? not sure if still valid last week...

• SRC Member
A bit sad. Should have bought earlier and save 10K.

Early bird gets the worms.

I would advise buyers to wait till the market cools down if you can afford to be without a new car until the end of the year.

Do you think i will really cool down??..i am a bit gan jiong over the soaring COE prices and is even urging my parents to make an early order for the car although i haven got my license yet :P . Hai, really hope the market will cool down a bit...

• SRC Member
just curious, why you choose to bid coe separately instead of package inclusive coe at this time ? since the last COE bidding is on the up scale ?  sorry, maybe I am ignorant, i thought we only take this action when coe is on the weak side ?

The dealer does not offer COE package or guaranteed COE. If I am not wrong, Mazda is also practicing this.

spicyball,

Definitely only going to get hotter because a lot of cars are on 3-4 months waiting list so there will be a constant demand for COE to register these cars as they get delivered. When COE reaches >$40K, like 5 years ago, it will come down.

planetg & weisoon,

Vehicle is not even in Singapore yet. Will have to wait a month more. Now waiting for license plate.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

HI Michael,

BUt is this model coming into Singapore?

Heard from my mechanic that you can get it only from those parallel importer. Later on BM will sell them or not , not sure. Heard it is more ex than Thai made altis cause it make in Jap.

• SRC Member

Heard from my mechanic that you can get it only from those parallel importer. Later on BM will sell them or not , not sure. Heard it is more ex than Thai made altis cause it make in Jap.

Interesting ! I thought they replace corolla with Altis !! But the Fielder looks like a toyota Wish ... and the new corolla also have very minimal outlook changes ..

• SRC Member

The COE will keep going up steadily. When I got mine 7 months ago, paid 23K for open cat.

Tanzy, 30K is reasonable. Think if economy does well, may ease off only at 40K. Have you chosen number and colour?

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member
Tanzy, 30K is reasonable. Think if economy does well, may ease off only at 40K. Have you chosen number and colour?

30K is not reasonable to me! It's a bloody piece of paper! :angry:

The PhD that came up with the idea of COE is my mother's friend. He drives a rotten old Benz.

COE will most likely hit 40K before the end of the year. After that, we can start bidding for $1.00 COE again! :lol:

Waiting for license plate bidding results. Choice of colour was between metallic blue and normal white, so I took blue.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

30K is not reasonable to me! It's a bloody piece of paper! :angry:

The PhD that came up with the idea of COE is my mother's friend. He drives a rotten old Benz.

COE will most likely hit 40K before the end of the year. After that, we can start bidding for $1.00 COE again! :lol:

Waiting for license plate bidding results. Choice of colour was between metallic blue and normal white, so I took blue.

No wonder your mother's friend drive a rotten old benz becasue he can't believe he got to pay 30K more to buy one piece of freaking paper in order to buy a new car :lol:

• SRC Member
No wonder your mother's friend drive a rotten old benz becasue he can't believe he got to pay 30K more to buy one piece of freaking paper in order to buy a new car :lol:

No heartache for him even if someone scratches his car or smash the glass.

post-36-1093875548.jpg