weileong's 4ft tank - Part II

weileong

• SRC Member

IMHO, nothing is more enjoyable than watching the AT power swim left and right. overfeeding with pellets is ok. it's the success to keeping the AT! feed feed feed.

dun worry, bro WL's skimmer jia jia one. it's just a sign for you to change zeovit bro. anyway, as long as your sps still shines, who cares abt the PO4 level right? ;)

dun stop....feed feed feed :lol:

weileong, check your skimmate and your skimmer dont assume double beckett is a perfect skimmer go check.. see if it's giving you the kind of skimmate you been getting.. cause when something like that pops up skimmer is the first thing i will check since skimmer tells more than anything else.. but if skimmer and skimmate okie then should be fine.. maybe you overfed the AT with pellets. REMEMBER! pellets also contain phosphorus and when they decompose tada! your nitrite will rise abit! but if its really tis case, dont worry dude it will fall back to normal...

I don't know what gives you the impression that something is wrong?

I am posting some parameters for my tank to keep the progress for the zeovit system and seems like you can read my mind that I felt something is wrong? :ph34r:

If nitrite rises I wouldn't worry at all because nitrite is not toxic in seawater :D

BTW I really think that you're referring to Nitrate which is NO3 and not nitrite which is NO2 :P Later newbie read already all go and buy nitrite test kit then how?

My NO3 has dropped from 2.5ppm to the current level since I started on the zeovit thing so this only means that all nutrients are being removed from the system and skimmer is working very well.

I don't know what gives you the impression that I overfed my AT, with good food, you don't need to feed a lot. I also don't see how those pellets can decompose when they get snapped up with seconds after I throw them into the tank :P

My no. 1 priority is my AT so I basically heck care about the SPS, it is very enjoyable to see it swimming around in your tank and chasing the pellets like a hungry piggy.

sob..... you need to clarify what you meant :P

• SRC Member

Sorry, i think enjoying your AT is one thing but being responsible is another. and clearly you lack in the latter. If you say nothing is wrong then nothing is wrong, I will shut my mouth.. No offences.. =X :peace:

and to veer off the topic abit.. to the guy who said PO4 is nothing to a reef tank. I will say " Good luck to you.. " :sick:

BTW I really think that you're referring to Nitrate which is NO3 and not nitrite which is NO2  Later newbie read already all go and buy nitrite test kit then how?

:P yup. pls dun mix them up.

weileong is experienced enuff to know what he is doing. he oredi had the AT for god know how long........ it is juz that the zeovit needs replacing soon that's all. moreover, the PO4 and NO3 are not at alarming levels.

Ancelot: why r u saying weileong is irresponsible? pls clarify....... as far as i can see, he is juz as responsible as any good old reefers ard.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
and to veer off the topic abit.. to the guy who said PO4 is nothing to a reef tank. I will say " Good luck to you.. "

so sorry i'm still a newbie. think i gotta learn a lot from u guys... it's juz that i judge my tank from the purple colouring on my browned out sps and not the test kit. i think i'm very wrong... *sigh*

Sorry, i think enjoying your AT is one thing but being responsible is another. and clearly you lack in the latter. If you say nothing is wrong then nothing is wrong, I will shut my mouth.. No offences.. =X  :peace:

and to veer off the topic abit.. to the guy who said PO4 is nothing to a reef tank. I will say " Good luck to you.. "  :sick:

Can you explain by what you meant by responsible? In what way am I not responsible to my AT ? You're going way off-topic boy....

Example like buying and AT and not giving it good food or providing the best care for it?? Then when AT dies buy another one and try again?

For the PO4 raising part:

Your something wrong = skimmer not working properly.

My nothing wrong = time to change out the zeolit.

So is there anything wrong?

• SRC Member
Sorry, i think enjoying your AT is one thing but being responsible is another. and clearly you lack in the latter. If you say nothing is wrong then nothing is wrong, I will shut my mouth.. No offences.. =X   :peace:

and to veer off the topic abit.. to the guy who said PO4 is nothing to a reef tank. I will say " Good luck to you.. "  :sick:

Ancelot...hope you have been reflecting on your words before you started posting them. :rolleyes:

many a times, there are lots of misunderstanding caused due to the true but hackneyed saying; The Work of a Pen is Mightier than a Sword. :(

You have been using rather strong words. Even if you think that you still need to put in your $0.02 to one of the many experienced reefers here whom I admire as I have seen his vigour in giving his best to his reef, I feel that you should be more polite or tactful in your words. :peace:

Have you seen someone who willingly hyposalined his tank, went fishless for more than six weeks, upgraded his equipment to create a more conducive environment and also take effort in changing water, literally 'tearing his hair' out when he experienced setbacks and yet still persevere in reefing on and also to the latest effort in going full swing into the Zeovite system so as to really treat his reef optimally..? :rolleyes:

All the efforts WL has made should not have been discredited by just some careless words made by someone who has yet to prove his mantle in reefing. :unsure:

Just my $0.02.

• SRC Member

:peace: PEACE Dudes! I dont want any bloodsheds!

well.. lets see you said your 1st priority is your AT. and basically heck care your SPS. well.. to me thats not the right attitude. I believe in being nice and offering TLC to every organisms in the tank, afterall we are the ones with the power to decide for them and we must decide the best for them. I didnt learn this in the books i read I learnt it on Animal Planet and my religion. And for PO4 it may not seem alarming to you because you are not seeing its effect yet! why i ask you check your skimmer? tats to see if you got the right skimmate! If your skimmer cannot control that amt of PO4 maintence needs to be done to it le yeah? because PO4 affects the clacification of your corals and according to my books 0.1 ppm or more is enuff to affect. Its so little yet it bites very hard! Moreover, you keep sps, then the more to take note yeah?

I dont want to see people being successful in sth then neglect the rest! Responsible to everything including your equipment dude.. tats wat i am talking abt. If you want to control PO4 dose more calcium hydroxide which is practically kalk. it will precipitate the PO4 out..

I'm just trying to offer help and not picking a quarrel. I hope you understand.

• SRC Member

Something to ponder over...

people are made angels but they choose their paths otherwise... :(

Some pple have a heart of gold but their enormous proportion of ego refused them the chance to see the light. So inevitably their ill-intented actions serve to show the maketh of that human. :(

oops...I waxing lyricals again? :paiseh:

quick...stop me... :P:P

PEACE Dudes! I dont want any bloodsheds!

dude, then at least try to express urself tactfully. :whistle

I believe in being nice and offering TLC to every organisms in the tank,

every organism??? did i hear u correct? then may i ask if u hv any LS or hv a skimmer running on ur tank? coz all the pods will die!!! bacteria...... everything!!! might as well say humans dun exist....... we r killing bacteria with every breath we take. ;)

why i ask you check your skimmer? tats to see if you got the right skimmate! If your skimmer cannot control that amt of PO4 maintence needs to be done to it le yeah? because PO4 affects the clacification of your corals and according to my books 0.1 ppm or more is enuff to affect. Its so little yet it bites very hard! Moreover, you keep sps, then the more to take note yeah?

there is no way to judge by skimmate how much DOC in detail. e.g. PO4, etc u skim out. best way is to judge by corals well being and test kits.

IMHO, there is oso no way a skimmer can rid a normal tank (which has LS and require feeding) entirely of PO4 without using PO4 removing agents like Rowaphos, zeovit, etc. :nc:

why not u show us ur awesome tank, so that we can take a look at what r the responsible equipment a responsible reefer shld hv? :upsidedown:

:peace: juz me 2 cents.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Ah I see you're biting me word-by-word.

If you think I do not provide the best enviroment for my SPS then you are wrong once again. I used the full zeovit system with the zeovit reactor as well because I too want the best for my SPS. What do you think I invest so much money on equipments?

Dosing kalkwasser to control PO4 is just short term solution and has it disadvantage in long term. The PO4 will be binned in your reef and will lead to PO4 problem later on.

We strive for a better solution that is long term rather than short term solution. By suggestion the former without knowing the disadvantage (either thru lack of knowledge or simply bo-chap) is simply just plain irresponsible :P

Now I know why you had to pay $320 - $20 - $20 for your coral :P

WOW JC kid lol..... anybody wanna my signature :evil:

Seems like you have more home work to do :P

No beckett skimmer can remove 100% of PO4 because they are high turn over skimmers. Most reefers are using some phosphate binning agent like rowaphos etc to keep the PO4 at undetectable levels and when the rowaphos is exhausted then PO4 will raise and that needs to be replaced. This applies in the case when the zeolit requires replacement.

Same goes.... if I suddenly throw in 20 big fish in my tank and my tank will register an ammonia spike? Their waste (DOC) will certainly caused an mini cycle.

Why don't you show us your reef tank which is the result of all your "home work" and responsible reefing?

• SRC Member

If you throw in 20 big fishes.. i dont care.. i will slap you first.. because you disregard life. tats all.

well.. i dont know much about zeovit system not to the extent of you do. but i do understand that phosphate needs to be taken care of tats all.

Anyway heading to malaysia liao. Be back tmr night tata and thanks for pointing out that i still need to study. Anyway yup I am still a JC student long way to go. :lol:

If you throw in 20 big fishes.. i dont care.. i will slap you first.. because you disregard life. tats all.

well.. i dont know much about zeovit system not to the extent of you do. but i do understand that phosphate needs to be taken care of tats all.

Anyway heading to malaysia liao. Be back tmr night tata and thanks for pointing out that i still need to study. Anyway yup I am still a JC student long way to go.  :lol:

The PO4 will be taken care by the replacement of zeolit. Didn't I mention it in my post together with the PO4 concentration?

I don’t know what you’re trying to achieve here and your intention

After one merry go round and all the insults you're back to sq one: P

• SRC Member

yea man... going around making callous remarks and comments that sometimes have no basis.. most of the times quite offending and condescending too(seen many cases liao)... sorry just being critical about the situation.. don't know how u gonna survive in the real world like that man.. :peace: don't flame me..

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

Dude, before you even try to help anyone, why dun you look in the mirror and reflect on ur words first? wats this about slapping someone?

You have a long way to learn, people will give you the benefit of the doubt cos you are young, but dun go around stepping on people's tails and offending them with your words. There is a word in this world called TACT.

In my opinion, it doesn't seem like its about helping, you have something personal against WL? cos this ain' the only thread where you have spoken out against him.. :huh:

:peace:

WeiLeong....maybe I missed that part...you are changing out your zeovit?

How long have you been using it? Mine is into the 5th week.

You will change out half at a time this round or change the whole lot?

(By the way, its good to give constructive comments and express questions and concerns. But do take note that no one knows all and we will never truely know what a reefer's husbandry is like. Try to refrain from any accusations - using words like 'irresponsible' because of a gut feeling.)

(keeping number of fishes in a tank can differ from tank to tank, it depends on the rock works and equipments used as well, of course space is also a crucial consideration.)

Guys. I think that it is a kind of expression only, we are not pre-school kids, we dont 'slap' pple here.

Happy Reefing ;)

In my opinion, it doesn't seem like its about helping, you have something personal against WL? cos this ain' the only thread where you have spoken out against him..  :huh:

:peace:

quite true justin....

weileong...maybe the $320 - $20 - $20 that you used is a wee bit too sensitive for some exotic collectors.... ;)

such words/numbers could cause "angst, a lot" :rolleyes::lol:

ryz: wow mixed up over my part, I thought you are from RVHS :D

Deepblue: I started the zeovit system on 7th Sept with 250g of zeolit.

on 7th Nov 250g more was added and the final 500g added on 23rd Nov.

So I am sort about 9 weeks into the the zeovit system. Was expecting to change the media in another week or two. But guess I'll have to do it this weekend.

I choose to add onto the existing amount for the last two times, the reason is to slowly let the coral get used to the low nutrient to prevent RTN. I think that is important for tank like mine that has been running for some time. This time round I will be changing the full amount. I think my zeolit are already exhausted. Every time I clean my media the skimmate will increase a lot and I think it is also important to get the proper reactor and to do frequent cleaning of the media (at least once a day, recommend twice a day).

Roidan: The $320-$20-$20 is mentioned by himself, I just quoted him. If he feel insulted that means he insult himself in the first place. No punk intended :P

I know where he is coming from...... he is not happy with my comments about the use of skimmate to cycle the tank, he feels that you have to let something rot in your tank in order to do a proper cycle. Well if skimmate won't work then using live fish to cycle won't work at all.

If anyone is not happy with me in anyway please let me know either in public or via PM, no need to resort to all these verbal abuse.