Which Marine Shop Do You Usually Go?

Bluebeard

Me?

Just about all the well known ones... oh i stopped going to the one at Chinatown... damn inconvenient to find transportation back ie. cabs.

And I think the quality of their filtration system sucks... i see a lot of dying livestock in their tanks.. that was about 1 year ago... dunno how are things now? Worth a visit? <_<

• SRC Member

Just to update you all on the LCK farms

there are currently 2 LCK marine farms , 1 at neo tiew crescent blk 110 and the other at LCK lane 6

the LCK lane 6 is a very big farm .. similar to pacific marine .. everything is cheap there, the probelm is .. they dont really sell to the public.. you may need to get them to open the gate for you .. but once you are in there, you can buy anything you want :lol:

• SRC Member
Hi Bluebeard,

Caven road is actually along the main road from Lavender MRT to Balestier...if you are driving.

From Lavender MRT, you can walk (takes 10-15 mins)...

Pretty nice setting....

I think it is Cavan Road, not caven. Anyway, can someone tell me how to walk there? Otherwise I have to resort to taking a bus which can get pretty confusing.

• SRC Member
oh no wonder i cannnot find the place on the map.

today i tried to find the marine shop at Oxford Road, also cannot find leh. ended up walking all over the places, lucky today's weather is good.

You use the map too? So did I because I have to walk or take public transport there. I was considering trekking to Oxford Road to look for that Ocean Planet or something like that there but I could only find that tiny 'ulu' little stretch of road on the street directory so I decided not too. Tell me if you find out how to get to the Oxford road shop, ok? :)

• SRC Member

You use the map too? So did I because I have to walk or take public transport there. I was considering trekking to Oxford Road to look for that Ocean Planet or something like that there but I could only find that tiny 'ulu' little stretch of road on the street directory so I decided not too. Tell me if you find out how to get to the Oxford road shop, ok? :)

can can, if you know the 6-digit code, can easily find the map at www.streetdirectory.com

after exploring on-site and come back and look at the map, i think i know where is the marine shop at Oxford road liao! will try to go again when i got the time!

either u drop off at serangoon road near mustafa center or the bus stop at the indian club.

• SRC Member

hey here's the map for Oxford road,

Marine Shop at Oxford Road

here's the map for Cavan Road

Marine Shop at Cavan Road

ya lor that's a bumble goby taken by me. i have a planted tank with lots of bumble goby.

it's taken using a very old (first generation i think) sony digital cam that store image on 3.5" diskette! it's my friend's, have to borrow from him

wah.. got Nikon digi cam, how i wish i also have! hehee.. now i want then i don't have to borrow liao.

I have been visiting the Ocean Planet for 2-3 mths already (near to my workplace). The 2 owners are pretty friendly and price is reasonable. But they don't have a lot of variety (a pretty small shop). There is only one bus that goes there (so don't need to walk from main road, Serangoon road). The bus # is 131 and it stop quite near to the shop. Can let me know if you need more detail..

• SRC Member
I have been visiting the Ocean Planet for 2-3 mths already (near to my workplace). The 2 owners are pretty friendly and price is reasonable. But they don't have a lot of variety (a pretty small shop). There is only one bus that goes there (so don't need to walk from main road, Serangoon road). The bus # is 131 and it stop quite near to the shop. Can let me know if you need more detail..

Can tell me how to get there from which MRT (any one). How long does it take to get there? Thanks..... :unsure:

• SRC Member

is Ocean Plant at Cavan road? if not, do you have the full address?

what's the opening hour? i'm thinking of going tomorrow.

The nearest MRT will be Farrer Park MRT (in the future, end of the yr?) and other than that, i think it will be easier taking a bus. I guess you know where is Little India (serangoon road)? From that bus-stop (just outside the market), take #131 and the bus stop will go --> (1) outside broadway hotel --> (2) turn into rangoon road (just after racecourse road) -> (3) outside Kentish Lodge and u should alight here! Walk for another 20-50m (in the same direction as the bus), you will see Oxford road on your left, turn in and after another ~200m, the shop will be on your left at the end of Lim Hock Kim bldg. Hope this will help..