Where do you place your in sump skimmer?

strat

• SRC Member

Just curious here.

Where do you guys place your skimmer if you have it in your sump?

Is it in the 1st compartment, the middel one or the the lat compartment?

Does your skimmer perform better in the 1st compartment ot last?

• SRC Member
intake?? so you mean is the last compartment where water is pump out?? IS that called the intake.? :thanks:

I think he meant the 1st compartment where the water from your main tank flows down.

yup, nim75sg actually told me that it should be before the refugium, so tat the pods won't be killed by the skimmer...

so you mean the pump intake by the skimmer will kill the PODS?? Ohh, But If this is the case,wont the return pump do the same thing as killing PODs? yar, sounds sensible..BUt curious to know ..THAnKS

so you mean the pump intake by the skimmer will kill the PODS?? Ohh, But If this is the case,wont the return pump do the same thing as killing PODs? yar, sounds sensible..BUt curious to know ..THAnKS

I place mine in the same compartment as my return pumps. Seems that you want to feed the refugium with nutrients and not skim it away.

• SRC Member

I place mine in the same compartment as my return pumps. Seems that you want to feed the refugium with nutrients and not skim it away.

By right you should put it in the 1st compartment cos thats where all the "dirty" stuffs are..........no worries abt skimming off the nutrients cos you can't possibly skim off every single drop of water from your overflow so there will still be sufficent nutrients to reach your refugium............if it doesn't then good news for you, you can feed your LS more often :-)

Eric

• SRC Member

yup...so by placing it before the refugium, wouldn't it kill less pods??at least the only murderer is the return pump...