Joe_P

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

i think is high time to change my digital camera!!! :angry:

too lao-yah! <_<

yah.. saw a little boy went with mama to ML that day and start sweeping the ricordeas....so scare he bring the whole bathtub home :D must be rich man son else mama sure kill him for not knowing how diff to earn a living nowadays... :evil::D:lol::P:peace:

• SRC Member

Wow which lucky kid? Should own up! For me its the opposite manz...

Mom> How much money you waste again on those small round things you bought?

Me> lousy one lahz, small small 3 for 50 only.

Mom> 50 dollars for 3 of that tiny things you also buy!?!?!?!

Wait till she knows the real price...

• SRC Member

Different pple have different interests i guess. Right now the rics may seem small, but they will be very spectacular when they reproduce and form a small colony. Of course that will take time.

Also, Rics are hardy creatures that are tolerant of lower light intensities and hence suitable for poorer reefers like me that cant afford MH with Chiller. Since they are hardy, I dont expect it to die on me without warning.

Marine Lifestock is not just priced based on Scarcity, but also demand. Florida Rics are an example of lifestock that commands a high price due to demand. And there is a reason for the demand I guess.

Cheers~

I have been running around different LFS, farms for so long....rics are rarer than red pratas and brains.......

...... I will definitely pay for them.....if no one wans to pay the proper price for them..our LFS will not bring them in anymore....sob sob...:cry:

but...really...they are quite rare...people will pay a lot for them overseas as will.... can ask our downunder frens.............

take a look at this piece for example...itlis now about 50 cent coin size...such a small piece of mushroom...but it looks like a gem with so many coloration......it is just lovely to look at ....for me ....definitely worth it..................... :P:wub:

post-7-1061565179.jpg

• SRC Member
berrykin  Posted on Aug 22 2003, 10:50 PM        Wha such a small Richordeas need 40 plus huh>>> summore 20cent coin size... Worth it meh?????

I paid $55 for mine because it was bigger than the usual ones around. I have no regrets though.

Rare being one of the attraction of Ricordeas. The other being the colours of these mushies. Ricordeas can have a myriad of 5++ colours on just a single polyp and that makes it an outstanding piece even if it is by itself. No other mushies can have such a concentration of colours on just a single polyp! :o

Thirdly, the $55 is well invested in the sense that Rics are hardy. It can last you years on end if your water is right. Their requirement is just like most other contemporary mushies, nothing spectacular or too difficult. The time it lives, in a way, pays for itself (defraying of costs over the years) and we have not even begun talking about Rics reproducing in your tank! B)

Enjoy. :)

I have been running around different LFS, farms for so long....rics are rarer than red pratas and brains.......

...... I will definitely pay for them.....if no one wans to pay the proper price for them..our LFS will not bring them in anymore....sob sob...:cry:

but...really...they are quite rare...people will pay a lot for them overseas as will.... can ask our downunder frens.............

take a look at this piece for example...itlis now about 50 cent coin size...such a small piece of mushroom...but it looks like a gem with so many coloration......it is just lovely to look at ....for me ....definitely worth it..................... :P:wub:

Yeah agree totally........ although i didn't geta chace to buy due to laziness to travel.... I always believe such price for ricordea is worth it...........