Moorish Idol

• SRC Member
:bow::bow::bow:

Where did you buy this stock? Was it eating in the LFS before you bought it? Any secret to share how to take care of this fish?

Does it survive well in a tank with tangs and angel fish?

Thanks,

Patrick

Most of my LS from ML.(eating well b4 i net her)

No secert but luck maybe...

Survive very well with my Tangs & Angles too..

http://r3.fodey.com/1ae71ee667ac04b60ba931...3ec.1.gif" border=0 width="312" height="107" alt="Ninja!"></a>

• SRC Member
$20-$30?

I bought mine for less than $15 from Coralfarm.

and no they weren't eating when I bought it.

and yes, they are eating now. had to flood the water with food to entice it to eat initially. (=

Glad to know that there are a few people who can keep MI successfully. Is it a greedy fish after it starts eating? How long did you have to flood the tank with food before it started eating?

Thanks,

Patrick

one died because it got pop eye suddenly and the other one *which initially was the one that got bullied* nipped it to death.

so I have only one left. that was about two months ago.

and yes. its damn greedy. it even eats the nori seaweed meant for my tangs! (=

• SRC Member
wah. envy you guys. i tried once, failed and i give up.

i never like to keep what is diff.

Keeping difficult specimen is challenging and rewarding. That's why a lot of people are trying out the AT tang, not just because of its beauty but also the satisfaction of keeping one. However, we need to be educated in what we keep as well. Buy carefully and only buy from the reputable vendor. This way, we can ensure to have a better success rate, and at the same time reduce the motality of the LS.

• SRC Member

yah bro, challenging is one thing.but i know my expertise well enough.

if i think i cant i rather spare the life. also i always read review from fellow reefers regarding any ls before i buy.i feel pity when it look at me, especially if its dying of hunger. :(

For those who successfully in keeping MI, please advise it is reef safe? Input is much appreciated...........

no...they are not really recommended for reef tanks..(at least that's what I read from the net or from most books)

watchout those meaty corals...usually first to go ;)

MI will nip at all sorts of corals...which is why I always find it amasing that Henry from ML manage to keep them successfully in his show tank. Probably, it was just too full from the gourmet he feeds his fishes ;)